13 Collapse

I wanted him to stay with me, spend the night. Yet, there is so much drama going on. Mum is not happy something was left to me, my uncle and aunties weren't happy that nothing was left for them. And the only person who genuinely didn't care is me and Asad. Dad isn't there and his money means little without him.

Something is troubling Asad from the day of funeral. He was quite disturbed to go home. He would have told me had these drama and all weren't there. And honestly, I was too exhausted to bear another problem on top of my mounting issues.

I agreed to wait until I finish my degree, then I thought I'll find a job. Asad was very clear unless we marry, he will not live with me. And to be honest, right now I want nothing else. As usual during the next couple of days, Asad called me everyday. And came to see me every other day. I knew his work is catching up, so after a week I told him to take it easy. I will be fine.

This is when he told me about Fathima, and how she came in to his room. I clearly panicked. Though he repeatedly told me he doesn't have feelings for Fathima, which I am sure he doesn't, I don't trust her. I don't want to do anything foolish either.

This is when I called Sam and Alina and told them my problem.

"Let's kill her" that was Alina.

"I didn't like him before Liz, but the way he was with you during the funeral, really made me wish I had a boyfriend like that too. He made sure either of us stay with you, if he isn't around. I am going to look for a Muslim guy is they all like that. I really don't mind" Sam said day dreaming. My heart danced with happiness when I heard that.

"Let's wait and see what this girl is up to before jumping in to action. Asad has a job now, which is a well paying one. If he can get the Hassan's to let him move out, then problem will be solved" Alina told us.

And we sat on the campus ground and kept talking. It is then when I saw Fathima and her nasty friends coming walking towards us.

"I will handle this. Unless absolutely needed keep quite" I told Sam and Amirah.

"Our condolences on your fathers death" Fathima said is fake politeness.

"Thanks"

"Asad told us all about it. He is such a gentleman to spend time with you all after how you tossed him out of his job and all. But what can be expected of the likes of you. Anyway, my dad said he is brilliant in his business and he wouldn't mind us getting married. Imagine that. Anyway, just stay away from him please. He doesn't need the likes of you troubling him" she kept on insulting, I waited until she is done.

"Okay" I finally told her.

Everyone looked at me with surprise.

"Okay? Is that all you have to say" even Fathima was surprised. I gave her a sly smile and added "Yes, it's all I have to tell you" and grabbed Sam and Alina by their hands and left the campus ground.

"Why didn't you give her a piece of your mind?" they asked me.

"I will when Asad leave that wolf den"

And time went by. I finished my exams while trying my best to remove Asad from that house and away from Fathima. Every time he tried, Mrs. Hassan start crying and Mr. Hassan absolutely forbade him from going anywhere. However one good thing was, Asad manage to save enough money so that it would be easy to rent an apartment. Since my financial contribution will be absolutely nothing, I thought it would be nice to find a job.

One thing I am really good at it, designing. I have been the envy of lot of people in school and at university. I used to help mum with her fashion brand, before we fell apart. I was thinking, may be if I can start own designing, I would be able to be independent again.

So that same weekend, I met Asad which was after a month gap. Over time I realized, Asad expect a hug or a kiss when I reach him. And he will sometime hold me regardless where we stand until he feels like it is okay to let go. And this is where all disappointment, frustration and anger of not meeting him goes away.

We had dinner at a Iranian restaurant. And then went to our favorite spot on the beach. I told him my plans of starting my design studio. He was very encouraging.

"I have some money saved up darling. You can have it to start up. It is not much but sufficient for a start up" he said. I need the money, but I was thinking of getting a bank loan. Mum will not be obliged to help me. We hardly speak. And I have come to realize she doesn't want me at home anymore than I want to stay in that house.

"Let's get married" I told him finally. And in response what I got was a bone melting kiss on my lips. First time, he kissed me with much passion and hunger I was surprised for a moment. For someone who is always shy, this is something. When I wanted to pull away, he didn't.

"No love" he said firmly and he was kissing me senselessly again and again. I can feel his need. But I know we both don't want things to go further than kissing unless we are married. So, I had to gently pull away, though it was difficult.

"Is that a yes?" I asked panting after the kiss. He laughed.

"Do you even have to ask my love?"

"I love you so much" I felt like he has to know.  I didn't hold him back longer as I can see he is exhausted. And he has to drive back. So when he asked if he could go, I didn't object. I know he would stay if I had just asked.

He dropped me home. He calls me when he reached home everyday, and this time when he didn't, I was worried. I tried calling and no answer. And immediately I knew something is not right. Asad answer my calls no matter where he is, and then if he had reached home, he would call me.

It is then I got the call and felt my world collapse just like that.