ONE

O C T O B E R
28TH, 1984
HAWKINS, INDIANA
✰ ✰ ✰

"Son of a bitch! Son of a bitch!"

Juliet Henderson could hear the shouts of her younger brother in the lounge room all the way from her room. Putting a bookmark in her novel Juliet got up and made her way to the lounge room which had now become a war zone. Dustin in his frenzied daze had brought it upon himself to pull their lounge apart searching for who knows what. 

Juliet looked over to her mother who was situated on the recliner with their cat Mews on her lap. "What's going on with him?" Juliet asked only for her mother to shrug her shoulders just as confused as she was. The older Henderson turned and followed the sound of Dustin's voice to his room.  

"Geeze, Dust. You pulled the whole place apart!" Juliet laughed whilst she leant against the doorframe, watching as he began to tear his room apart like he did the loungeroom. 

"I need money to go play Dragon's Lair at the arcade" Dustin sulked, looking at the two coins he had found beneath the cushions. Juliet raised an eyebrow knowing that her brother was hinting for her to lend him some money. Not saying anything she left the room and returned with her piggy bank that Steve gifted her when they were kids.

During an art class the teacher assigned the children to paint a piggy bank, Juliet was away sick with chicken pox so Steve decided to gift his to her as a get well present. Anytime someone saw the badly painted piggy bank on her shelf they would always tell her to buy a newer one, but that little pig made of porcelain meant the world to her and she showcased it with pride.

"Is this enough?" the brunette spoke, chuckling as she watched Dustin's eyes widened. "Holy shit!" was all her brother muttered, before looking up at her in awe. Dustin nodded his head vigorously and smiled widely "I'll pay you back, Juliet I promise." 

Juliet shook her head, she wouldn't make her younger brother pay her back. She loved Dustin more than anything in the world and doing something little like lending him some pocket money so he could go meet up with his friends was the least she could do. "You don't have to pay me back, Dust. But is it okay if I tag along? I'm dying to try the new claw machine." 

Dustin nodded his head and quickly began to rummage through his wardrobe, "I'll meet you by your car in like 15 minutes." Juliet laughed and nodded in agreement, walking back to her room she made a mental note to try and catch the plush dog in the claw machine Steve had jokingly said he wanted last weekend. 

+++

"Spill it Keith!"

"If you want information... then I want something in return." Keith looked at Mike with a raised eyebrow, hinting for Mike to set him up with Nancy. Immediately Mike shook his head refusing.

 "No. No way. You're not getting a date with her!"

"Mike!"

"I'm not prostituting my sister!" Mike yelled, not understanding why Lucas would agree to the deal. 

The group was suddenly interrupted by Juliet who was close by at the claw machine. She was currently banging on the glass of the claw machine in anger, she nearly won the stuffed dog but last minute the claw dropped it.

Lucas then turned to Dustin who straight away shook his head. "Do not even think about it Lucas. My sister is way too good for someone like Keith." this earned a glare from Keith who was messily eating chips and wiping the crumbs on his shirt.