Prologue

war·ri·or

noun

1. A person engaged or experienced in warfare; soldier.

2. A person who shows or has shown great vigor, courage, or aggressiveness, as in politics or athletics

Gabby's POV: 

College. The next four years of my life should be amazing. I'm starting college with my amazing girlfriend, Carmen, by my side. God I am so in love with her it's crazy. There are truly no words to describe the feelings I get when I'm with her.

But what makes this even better is that my two best friends are here with me. My absolute favorite part of this so far is that all four of us are going to be living together. Carmen's father pulled some strings and he got us all an apartment big enough four all of us to share.

It took us about a month to get everything settled over summer. Time has almost run out and we have to leave soon. I'm just trying to soak up everything before we have to go to school.

I'm not going to lie; I'm going to miss late night walks on the beach with Carmen or date nights over the diner. The diner. That's probably what I'm going to miss about leaving home. Greasy cheeseburgers and the best milkshakes around.

Correction, what I'm going to miss the most is my family. Mom thinks I don't see it, but I know she is hurting deep down inside. Sal and Luca didn't go away for college, partly because we didn't have money at the time so they just went to community college. This is the first time I've been way from home for this long and I know mom is taking it hard. Sal and Luca didn't seem all to please about me moving in with Carmen.

Ever since that night with my ex they became protective over me, even more so since our father went away. They still blame themselves for not knowing what was going on. It wasn't their fault. I don't know if they'll ever stop worrying about me.

Back to Carmen. She is seriously the best girlfriend I've ever had. After we went to see Leah, it's like she's a new woman. Like the weight has finally been lifted off her shoulders. With her also seeing Alexis only once every two weeks, she's finally getting what she always wanted, to be a teenager.

Carmen took me to the Hamptons for a few days right after school ended to get away. Her parents have a property there and it was nice to get a few days alone together. Because of final's and graduation stuff and me working at the diner we didn't really get to see much of each other during our last few months of high school.

One thing that I'm still getting used to is paparazzi. Now that they know Carmen is out and about they are trying to take pictures and videos of her, well us. It's getting to the point that Scott won't let us leave Dalton without a bodyguard. Carmen doesn't let them bother her but I'm happy that Tony comes with us. He is moving down to Florida with us.

I'm really excited to start my life with the girl of my dreams. College is just the start, but I know these years will be the best of my life. But will the events of one party cost me everything? Only time will tell.