Pregnancy (Sherlock)

Start from the beginning

"I knew you were still alive." She told him, breaking the kiss for a split second before rejoining their lips. He smiled in the kiss, pride overtaking him knowing that his wife had picked up his deducing ability. For a few seconds, they kissed until two little feet planted themselves against Sherlock's hand. Pulling away, the bewildered man stares down at his hand as (Y/n) just smiles.

"She just kicked." She explained to him, watching as his face grew with pure joy, tears in his eyes once again. "She?" Sherlock asked, (Y/n) nodding in response. "Yes, my love," She answered him, leaning forward to press her forehead against his. "A girl."

After that, Sherlock had to leave again, but for the last time. During the next five months that Sherlock was gone, (Y/n) rediscovered the passion she had lost and continued writing. She started baking like she used to which brought both Miss Hudson and John joy knowing (Y/n) was slowly going back to her old self. Also, during those five months, the little girl growing in her womb greatly increased in size, barely letting (Y/n) do things she wanted to do such as cleaning (not really) and sitting or laying down comfortably.

Now at 41 weeks along, (Y/n) was waiting for the day that her baby would decide on joining her in the world they lived in. (Y/n) was also waiting for the day that Sherlock would come back to her so he could possibly be there for her when their baby girl did decide to join the world.

Sadly, the day that their little girl decided to join the world was not the day that Sherlock returned to 221b. Despite that, Mrs. Hudson rushed the soon-to-be-mother to the hospital and watched as they pushed her in a wheel chair to the delivery room.

Even with Mrs. Hudson being in the hospital for her, (Y/n) still wanted to cry due to her feeling alone. Not only did she feel alone, but she was in extreme pain which was the majority reason why she was crying in the first place. But, having Sherlock by her side like she hoped for would have at least helped her a little.

A new feeling filled her emotions however as she heard the doctor say the word "C-section." Through the many stories (Y/n) had read and heard about cesarean births, she knew they don't do this because they want to. They do it because there's either something wrong with the mother or child. Upon listening closer to what the doctor was saying to his nurse, the baby had turned. Apparently she didn't want to come out just yet.

With the power of an epidural and another drug, (Y/n) now laid on a surgery table, any feeling below her chest gone while she was in and out of sleep, but that didn't stop her silent crying. As tears streamed down the side of her face, she saw a pair of familiar eyes come into contact with hers. Even with the numbing drugs, (Y/n) was now wide awake.

Standing beside her in blue disposable scrubs was the man she wanted to see the most. Even with the mesh and cotton material covering his hair, nose, and mouth, (Y/n) could see the smile lighting up his face as he saw her. Even through the fear and worry, (Y/n) smiled, tears falling out of her eyes freely.

Taking her hand in his, Sherlock brought his free hand up and wiped away her fallen tears. "Don't cry, my love," He told her. "Save your tears for when we see our daughter."

With the encouragement from Sherlock, (Y/n) braced through the labor, feeling nothing except her heart skip a beat when she saw her newborn daughter. After being cleaned up and stapled, (Y/n) was placed in a room, her one hour old daughter in her arms as Sherlock sat beside her on the bed (still in scrubs might I add), watching as the new addition to their family yawned and moved around in her sleep.

"Thank you for coming on time," (Y/n) said as she leaned into her husband's arms. "I'm glad you got to be with me." Taking the mask part off, Sherlock leaned over and pecked her lips, smiling. "I wouldn't have missed it for the world," He said, placing another kiss on her lips. "Or falling off the side of a building for that matter." They both lightly chuckled at the joke before the hospital room door opens and in walks John, a pink balloon in one hand and pink gift bag in the other with Mrs Hudson trailing behind him, a pink blanket strewn across her arms. Not even noticing Sherlock, they both walk up to the bed, grinning before placing the gifts on ths bed and moving to look at their daughter.

"She's lovely, (Y/n)." Mrs Hudson told (Y/n), lightly grazing a finger down the infants cheek. "Yes, I agree," John said before lifting his head up to look at the man who was now standing up, placing the mask back over at his mouth. "Who's thi-"John cut himself off as he recognized the tall figure now standing before him. Not knowing what to do, Sherlock just grinned.

Without a hint, John tackled Sherlock, making both (Y/n)'s and Mrs Hudson's eyes widen. "Oh dear, what's going on?" Mrs Hudson asks, not realizing that's Sherlock. "N-nothing, Mrs Hudson!" (Y/n) said, trying to distract her. "Do you want to hold her?" (Y/n) asked, looking back over at Mrs Hudson.

Instantly forgetting the man she didn't realize was Sherlock, she breaks into a smile. "Of course I would, dear!" She answered, holding her arms while moving forward to take the small human from (Y/n)'s arms. Once the sleeping infant was in the older woman's arms, she smiles, a tear in the corner of her eye. "What's her name, love?" Mrs Hudson questioned, looking back over at the mother.

(Y/n) smiled and glanced over at Sherlock, currently in a choke hold from John, before looking back over at Mrs. Hudson. "Louise Hazel Holmes."

Louise is Mrs. Hudson's middle name and Hamish is John Watson's middle name, but I changed it to Hazel :)