Chapter 7 - Playing Games

Violet Ashlock

"When will you go back to Miami?" I asked as we walked along the Brooklyn bridge.

"The day after tomorrow." He answered and I nodded.

"Thankyou for the dinner, it was delicious." I smiled to him and he smiled nodding.

"Glad that you like it.. so tell me why you always come here everyday?" He asked and we sat on an empty bench.

"I don't like being alone. I hate being alone. That's why I always come here and enjoying to see people come and go.. along with the view and sometimes the moon." I said and he nodded.

"Did something happen in the past?" He asked and I sighed.

"When I was in my 2nd year of college, I went out alone from the library to go back to my dorm. 3 men stalked me and almost raped me at that time. They took off all of my clothes and thank God my friend saved me. I know when I'm in my house.. I have guards but still.. I feel insecure."

"You might get rape here too.. you're alone too."

"It's an open space, Austin. At least.. there's a lot of people here besides I always come home around 8 from here."

"Well.. you know that you won't be alone from now on." He said that and I turned to him. I smiled widely and turned my head back to the view.

"I will comeback to New York in a month." He stated.

"Well.. good to hear that."

"If you agree to try this.. I will comeback here next week." He said and that made me turn my head to him. He smiled and raised his eyebrows.

"Well.. I guess I'll see you next week." I said and he chuckled.

"Glad to hear that."

"Come on.. I'll take you home.. It's chilly and we have work tomorrow." He said and I nodded. We got up and he offered his hand. I took it and we walked hand in hand. I can't stop smiling.. I love this feeling. Everything just feels so right.

"Thankyou for today.. really.." I said to him once again and he nodded. When we arrived at his car, he stopped me and I looked at him confuse.

"You surprise me today."

"Hmm?"

"You just surprise me in every way.." He smiled.

"Well.. I'll take that as a compliment."

"Because it is." I slipped my hand to his cheek, I looked at him for a moment and then I kissed his cheek. He opened the door for me and I got inside. He walked to the driver seat and got in. He started the car and drove away.

"Thankyou.. for today."

"Stop saying thankyou." He said and I chuckled.

"Sorry." I said as I opened the door. I was going to get out but he stopped me. He pulled me back in and cupped my face. He kissed me slowly.. it was sweet and just romantic.

"Night." He smiled and I bit my lips completely out of my mind because of that kiss.

"Night.."

"Don't do that." He pointed at my lips and I chuckled.

"See you.. next week.. right?"

"Yeah.. See you next week." He said and waved. I waved him back and walked inside. I can't contain my happiness.. I jumped happily and walked to my room. I plopped to my bed and closed my eyes.

I swear.. I'm going crazy.. I'm so happy.. gosh.. After that.. I erased my make up and go straight to sleep.

The next day, I woke up and go back to work. I drove to the office and got out from my car. Suddenly a mesage came and it's.. Austin.

Morning sunshine..
I know that I say I will see you next week but.. apparently I can't wait. Go to the brunch restaurant right in front kf your office.

See you there
A.P

My breath got hitch when I received the message, I looked around like an idiot and walked out from the building. I saw the brunch restaurant and going there. I walked inside and looked around the place. Suddenly a waiter gestured me to go up, I walked up and there he is.. looking strikingly handsome in suit.

"Hey." I smiled and he gestured me to sit.

"Hey.. beautiful. Let's just order first." I ordered a blueberry with vanila ice cream and he ordered a english breakfast.

"I can't wait for a week.. it will kill me." He stated and damn that made me blush so so hard.

"How do you even know this place? I have never been here." I said as I looked at the restaurant.

"I've been here with Blake and Jean."

"Ah.. Blake and Jean, the cutest couple."

"They're not cute.. They're quite scary." He said and I chuckled.

"What do you think the idea about settling down?" I asked looking straight to his eyes and he just looked at me with unreadable expression.

"I don't want to settle down." He said and that hit me. If this relationship continues.. it won't have any ending.

"Why?"

"You know why.. Violet.." He said and I nodded.

"I know.. Just like every billionare in America. Not wanting to settle down and just.. loving their bachelor life."

"Don't you too? Still wanting to have fun.."

"Well if I want to settle down.. I will.." I said and he looked at me with a really unreadable eyes. I know from that moment that this guy up for something. He wants something from me..

It's pretty clear and I'm not dumb to realize it.

1. He doesn't want to settle down
2. He came to me when he clearly knew that I wanted him for a really long time
3. He's up for something

Lastly.. I know he came to me to play a game..

We both know inside our hearts.. in the end.. I will be the one who lose the game.. but you know.. let's turn this table around.. shall we?

Austin Portwalt.. you pick the wrong girl to play your games..

"So.. Can I stay at your place tonight?" I asked and that got him a little bit shock.

"Stay at my place?"

"Well.. we won't be seeing each other a week. It will kill me you.. you know.." I smiled sweetly at him.

"Sure."