Chapter 28

Natasha

Sitting in the car with Damon, my nerves are secretly going mental. We've gotten so incredibly close over the last couple of months and I can't even pretend I'm not over the moon that he asked me on a date. But I also haven't dated for a while, hence my nerves going into over drive.

Damon suddenly links his hand with mine, giving my hand a small squeeze.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He says sensing my mood change.

"I guess, I'm just nervous..." I say so quietly, I'm unsure he even heard me.

"Tash... If you're feeling like you weren't ready, or you didn't want to do this... You could have told me, you know?" He says with a sad look in his eyes.

"What?! No! I want to do this. I'm more nervous I'll screw it up... it's been a while since I've dated." I say making sure he knows he's not in anyway the problem.

Relief floods his features before he pulls into a park.

"Want to know a secret?" He says turning to look at me. I give him a small nod, curious as to what he's going to say.

"I've only had one serious relationship before and that was in the first year of college. I've barely gone on dates at all, so maybe we help each other today?" He says with a tinge of a blush on his cheeks.

I give him a big smile and tell him that sounds good, before we get out and he grabs a picnic basket.

We walk for 10 minutes before we arrive at this beautiful clearing. We lay the blanket down under a big tree and he pulls out ham and cheese rolls then some chocolate cupcakes.

"Wow, this place is beautiful." I tell him, breaking our comfortable silence.

"Yeah, I used to come here when I needed to get away from the house and college. It's so quiet and peaceful." He tells me before pulling his phone out.

After a minute on there, my phone pings in my pocket. We've continued to enjoy texting, we do it occassionally when we're together if we're enjoying the silence.

Damon - So, are you enjoying our date so far?

I look up at him with a confused grin in my face but shake my head with a small chuckle before replying.

Tash - Yes, I am. I always enjoy spending time with you.

Damon - Me too. I've never been as happy as I have been since that first drunk phone call.

Tash - Me either :) Though that certainly was an interesting way to meet you.

I hear him chuckle beside me.

Damon - I couldn't imagine life without you. It's so great to watch movies with you in real life and even gaming and laughing together. Even watching you smile while reading these. You make me feel like I'm on cloud 9.

At this point my face could split from how big my smile is. When I look up, Damon is on his knees in front of me. He moves his hand from behind his back and pulls out a single red rose.

"I know we've done everything a bit weirdly and met in a very odd way. But I mean it when I say that I've never been as happy as I have been since meeting you." He takes a deep breath while still looking straight at me.

"You're my best friend, my pen pal and... my crush..." he gives a nervous chuckle, "What I'm trying to say is Tash, will you be my girlfriend?"