1

Somin's POV

"You sure you wanna do this for me ? " Taehyung questioned hesistantly while standing behind me infront of the mirror in my room.

I then nodded confidently, " you told me that you will be back when my hair grows out — its your promise ."

"I was just joking , you don't have to cut it if you don't want to . I'll still be back before Christmas no matter what . I cant bear to leave my little pumpkin for too long , can i ? " He reassured me but i shook my head , " i would miss you so much when you take your leave , i swear — i might not even make it mentally without you ." I admitted , blurting out my feelings .

These days , i have been feeling scared and hesistant about my decision to let him go . I wasn't sleeping well at all . I knew that it would be too selfish of me if i didnt let Tae pursue his love for photography but i knew that if i eventually allowed it , i might be the one whos going to feel terrible all year long . However , being a great girlfriend of his , i gave him a green light and allowed him to leave me temporarily.

"Its just a year , nothing can change drastically that fast ." This was my go-to thought for self assurance.

But really, to what certain extent is that sentence true ?

"Then treat me like a passenger in your train of thoughts , I'll visit you in your sleep daily , I'll always be there beside you whenever you miss me , I'll be there whenever you think of me . Also , we will skype , text and send photos of each other everyday — it would be the sam—"

"It will never be the same Tae , i wont get to hold you physically or give you kisses , we can't spend valentines together , we can't go on dates for a year because you would be in another country , far away from me . We would be miles away , heck that things would be the same ." I frowned and disagreed , feeling sadder by the minute .

"Im sorry pumpkin, i understand why you would feel this way , but pl—"

"No dont apologize Tae , i know you just want to pursue your passion , go for it ... i wouldnt want to be that one factor that makes you have second thoughts about leaving . I value your happiness and i have trust in you . We will last , i just know it ." I bit my lips , shutting my mouth while waiting for him to get ahold of the pair of scissors on my table .

"You ready ?" He tapped on my shoulders , asking me .

"Yep ."

I shut my eyes as the sound of pieces of my hair being snipped rang loudly in my head — it was a moment for me to remember .

I felt my head getting lighter and lighter as my hair fell down due to gravity like the feathers from the insides of the pillows we were holding to when Tae and I had a slumber party 3 weeks ago .

"Its done ." He said .
His deep voice never failed to surprise me .

I inhaled and exhaled deeply before deciding to open my eyes for the grand reveal . Taehyung stepped away from the mirror and prepared a box of tissue , laying it casually beside me . " you look so pretty , pumpkin ." He complimented, leaving a small satisfied smile on his face .

Tears welled up in my eyes as i let them fall from my eyes as soon as i saw my own reflection . No , i wasnt bald or even close to bald — i just had a short hair cut that stops slightly above my shoulders . I looked around myself and saw all the hair thats on the ground as i frantically picked them up , desperately putting it beneath my now trimmed hair to resemble my previous hair length .

"Tae , it would be like this length again in an blink of an eye right ? It means that you will be back soon right ?"

Crashing into Taehyung , i selfishly attempted to inhale more oxygen right now and hope to stay in his arms forever while i felt his hands on my head , stroking it . I know its dumb , but it felt so right to do that in the moment .

Time was ticking and i knew that he would take his leave in less than 24 hours . I only had a few hours left with him .

"Dont be silly , Pumpkin , I'll be back before you know it . Before Christmas , i promise ." He gulped and i could tell that the smile he had on his face was forced out .

He didnt want to leave me either — it was a mutual feeling that we both had before the time when he really needed to go .