Chapter 19

Chapter 19 {Fida POV)

Past (approx 3 weeks from marriage)

I get to know that getting married is not that easy. Not at all. You are starting a new life with someone. You need to live with that person. Live together. Things will change. It need to change. You need to adjust with each other. Learn how your significant other lives their life. And adapt to it. Both of you, not just one person.

I know what I had to do but I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready to tell him everything. I hid because it was rather embarrassing to tell him.

Even though I told him, vaguely, he didn't seems to be conflicted by them. He acts as if everything was okay; Nothing that he can't deal with; But he is in for huge shock.

And we fought a lot too. Why fights happen. It's because of misunderstanding and miscommunication. I don't even remember how our fights starts.

~~~~~

"Irfan, are you okay? you seem very distant lately. Is something wrong?" I questioned him on one day.

"No. I'm just tired from work. You know that I don't really like working there. It's getting harder and harder." he replied.

"Ya I know. I wish I can be of any help, but i'm just doing part time. I don't think it's suitable for you."

"It's okay. I'm going for bunch of interviews outside. Hopefully can get into one of the company. The internship I did isn't helping at all."

I really suck at comforting people so I just hugged him.

But he was quick to pull away.

"I just got home. Let me change first." He said with an uneasy voice.

"Yeah sorry. Go change." I said moving away from him. I went to the kitchen to get him some water.

I went back to the room. He was sitting down after removing his coat.

"Here. Drink some water." I said handing the cup to him.

"What's wrong?" I asked again still feeling that something is up.

He didn't respond and continue to drink the water.

"Nothing. Just leave it." He retorted.

I scoffed and went to the living room. 

I sighed. I don't know what to do.

'Why marriage is so hard?' I thought.

I knew it wouldn't all butterflies and rainbows but he does not even want to open up.

We spend everyday ignoring that topic.

Here come the day where I have to go back to work. I had literally nothing else to do in getting even more lazy.

"My colleague called me asking me to return to work" I told him.

"Why?" He asked me.

"Um because my leave days are over?" I said.

"Mm ok"

"Is there anything wrong?" I asked when I got a weak reply.

"Nothing"

"Ya nothing will change if you don't tell me what actually happened? Why you so cold with me? What did I do?"

I couldn't hold it back in. I mean it's been only few weeks since we got married and we are already facing this.

"I need to leave for course workshop related to my work." He replied.

"Okay. Why are so stresses up about it? Is it because you don't like it?" I asked him. 

"Well the workshop is outside of Singapore. I'm accompanying the interns and new workers from the company. There are compulsory I can't just skip it. And My uncle told me attend some seminar too." He explained.

"Ah that's good what. you can have some experience before you change company yeah?"

"The thing is I have to leave you here."

Oh.

"Sure you can come with me but you have to stay with the female workers and most of the time we will be out and I don't want to leave you alone." he trailed off.

Oh... 

That was what his concern was about. It was me. He have to leave me alone with his parents for the first time. I gulped. 

"It's okay. It's just your parents. It's not like i'm staying alone or staying with strangers. You don't have to worry about me. It's only what? for few day only right? I could manage don't worry. Is that what you were worked up about?" I assured him.

"How are you going to manage? and I have to leave you for 7 days, 7 DAYS FIDA!" 

Okay now he is getting dramatic.

"Boy you getting clingy already, aren't we?" I teased him.

"No it's just that we really didn't get much time to spend together. I was always busy with work and searching for jobs outside. And now I have to leave you for whole 7 days." He said while sulking.

I made us sit down again. I pulled his face up and held with my hand gently.

"Look It's okay," I assured him again, "You really need to do this and don't have to worry about me. We have our whole life ahead of us to get to know each other and spend time together. You don't have to let go of this opportunity. You want to work outside of you family company but you need more experience right? Just use this way to learn more. Since it's you family company you getting opportunities like this easily and though you don't like it It is helpful for you to move out faster!.We can chat and video call! So don't worry!" I explained. 

He nodded in agreement.

"Well now go shower and change 'cause you smell" I said scrunching my nose and started to unbutton his shirt.

"Okay Okay I'll go" He said getting up.

"Oh wait! When you leaving?" I asked.

"Oh tomorrow!"

"WHAT? TOMORROW??"

___________________________________________

A/N:

Hi I'm back! 

Will be updating regularly.

There's more to this story!

Keep up with my updates on Twitter @ bashofgreen

Do give feed back! 

Vote, Comment and Share!

Bashayar