IMAGINE: Victor and you being on the run

You're gathering needles into a box when Victor Frankenstein, your boss and boyfriend, runs into the room. "Hey, Victor, I was–" You start to say when you turn to face him. You stop and your eyes widen. There's blood splattered across his shirt. "Um, what happened?" You ask, backing up against the table.

     "No time to explain. We have to leave now." He says hurriedly, before grabbing your hand and all but dragging you away from the table.

     "Victor, what is going on?" You ask worriedly, trying to keep up with him. He's heading towards the exit, away from his laboratory.

      "I'll explain everything. Right now we just have to run." Victor breathes as glass breaks from inside his laboratory. You stop, but Victor doesn't. He drags you, nearly tearing your arm from your socket.

     "Ow, Victor." You whine, tripping over your own feet to match his pace.

     "Y/N, come on! Keep up!" He growls. The sounds of items crashing to the ground ring throughout his lab.

     You can take one guess. "The Creature..." You breathe. Victor casts a long look at you over his shoulder and you know it to be true. Fear falls into the pit of your stomach. You swallow and pump your legs even harder.

When you make it outside, it's pitch black out. The stars aren't even shining. Victor and you don't say anything until you're about two miles from his laboratory.

     You pull him to a stop, trying to catch your breath. "Please. We...need...to....rest. Can't...breathe..." You gasp, your one hand on your aching side, the other bracing yourself up against a tree. Victor paces, his eyes watching everything.

     "Tell me what happened." You say after a minute.

     "The Creature...he couldn't take it anymore. He hates me so much. He hates me for creating him. He hates me for making him alone. He tried to kill me. I've never seen him so vicious." He explains, staring at you, his eyes looking hollow.

     You go to him and put your hand on his arm. "I'm sorry."

     "I knew that if I were to leave you and go, he would kill you to exact revenge on me. He would kill you so then I would be alone." He whisperered, staring at you. He pulls you into his arms and cradles your head against his chest.

     "Where will we go?" You ask hoarsely.

      "Somewhere where he can't find us. Even now he hunts us."

     Victor and you are dead silent as you listen for anything. Suddenly he turns you around and you both drop to the grasses.

     "Victor!" You gasp.

     "Shh!" He shushes, covering his body over yours protectively. You both stay quiet and still as you hear someone running past. The Creature. You look up at Victor, your eyes wide with fear, and he gives you the barest of smiles. The Creature runs off in the other direction. Victor and you wait a few more minutes and then he slides off of you. You let out a sigh of relief, your shoulders dropping.

     "Sorry I got you into this mess, Y/N." Victor sighs.

     You look at him and smile. "It's not your fault, Victor." You reply. He smiles sadly back at you. He kisses the side of your head and then helps you stand up.

     "Come on, we better get to cover for the night." He says.

———

For the next couple of days, Victor and you go without seeing the Creature.

     Victor and you walk through the woods one afternoon. "You stay right here and I'm going to go ahead a bit to see what's there." Victor says.

     You nod and sit on a felled tree. You watch as he jogs off. You pick at the bark, listening to the birds. You never thought you'd be doing this–running for your life and being hunted. You shiver and shift uncomfortably. Even now you feel like you're being watched.

    Out of nowhere, a man comes up from behind you and tackles you to the ground. You scream in surprise as you try to scramble to your feet. It's the Creature. He grabs your skirt to keep you from moving and pulls you to the ground.

     "Leave me alone!" You demand, trying to kick him and claw at him.

     "Victor doesn't know what it's like to be alone." He whispers, holding you down.

      You struggle against him. "Help! Victor! Help!" You scream.

      The Creature quickly clasps a hand around your mouth. You glare at him. "I'll show him what it's truly like to be alone." He breathes before clasping his one hand tightly around your neck. You gasp and try to fight him off even harder, but to no avail. Panic swells within in and tears fill you eyes.

    "Oh, no, I don't think so." You hear a voice say from behind the Creature. Victor comes into view with a large tree branch. He whacks it against the Creature's head. His eyes widen and then he falls off of you, unconscious.
You sit up, gasping for breath.

     "Oh, Y/N." Victor breathes, dropping the branch and then falling to his knees beside you.

     "Victor." You whimper, wrapping your arms around him.

     "You're safe now, Y/N." He whispers, cradling you in his arms. "He's not going to harm you."

     "I thought...I thought I was going to die." You choke out.

     "I wasn't going to let that happen." Victor replies, staring at you. You give him a watery smile. He kisses you softly. Once. Twice. He rests his forehead against yours.

      "We better go before he wakes." You whisper miserably.

       Victor sighs and nods. "Let's go."
[THE END] I hope you liked it!