Chapter 35

OLIVIA'S POV

"How's Harry? Is he doing any better this week?"  Bec asks as we sit at her kitchen table.

"I wish,"  I close my eyes trying to stop the exhaustion I feel from getting the best of me as I sip my tea that is still far too hot.

"I just don't know how to help him, Bec.  It's been months and he is just slipping further and further into this black hole.  He stormed out on his management the other week just leaving them sitting there in the living room."

"Like he did when Frankie and I came over?"  Bec asks reminding me of the episode last week where Harry had become so irrationally angry when Bec had suggested he see her naturopath for some relaxation remedies. I was surprised he didn't flip the coffee table over as he stomped out of the room in fury.

"Yes, exactly." I cringe, "he barely speaks to me, unless it's to complain or yell about something and Xander or Frankie said he is acting the same way with them. I just don't know what to do anymore. It's as if he has just completely lost control. At least he got out of bed and went to the gym this morning." I sigh, rubbing my temples to try and calm my thoughts.

"Maybe it's time Liv?  To kiss him?  To give him something to be positive about?"  Bec suggests.

"I've thought about it, Bec, so much.  I would do anything to pull him out of this sea he is drowning in, but honestly I don't believe it would help right now.  He's so angry, so closed off, I think he would throw it in my face and ruin any chance we would ever have at being together in the future. I can't use it as a band-aid fix for what he is going through right now."  I admit.

"I just feel like this is going to get much worse before it gets better and I am trying to hang on for him but he's slipping further out of reach every day." 

I stare into my tea cup, not wanting to see the despair in Bec's eyes that I know are a mirror of mine.

"He'll be ok Liv, we are all here for him and you are doing the best you can."  She says reaching over to rub the back of my hand.

"He pulled me out of what I went through with Dan so quickly, he made me smile and laugh, he was my refuge, my safe haven.  I just want to be able to do that for him." I confess.

"Honey, I think this is darker than heartbreak."  She says so cautiously it makes me shiver.

"I think so too."  I whisper into my tea.

My thoughts of how I could kidnap Harry and take him to a deserted island, just the two of us, where no one can pressure him or push him or stress him out are interrupted by Bec grabbing her ringing phone off the table with so much urgency she nearly knocks our cups over.

"I'll be right back," she yells as she rushes into her bedroom and closes the door.

"What the hell was that!" I smirk as she stalks back into the room looking sheepish, clearly having majorly overreacted to whatever just happened.

"Well, I didn't want to tell you because I know you're dealing with a lot right now but, I kinda, met someone."  She trails off, looking at the floor.

"What!"  I laugh, never having seen my sister act this coy before.

"Stop laughing at me!" She giggles back.

"Who is he, tell me everything!" 

"Well, he's name is Nathan," she grins, "He's a personal trainer, I met him at my gym last month. He is so cute Liv and fit as! And oh my god, it's the best sex I've ever had in my life!"  She exclaims relieved to finally be talking about it.