Homework slave (Jonah)

You sat in your room typing away at your computer trying to finish up the essay you were writing for your sister. Yep you heard me right your sister. You were the youngest in your family and treated like dirt. You didn't have friends mostly because you didn't have time for them.

You were a slave to homework. Not just yours but your two sisters and brothers two and if you didn't get a 100% on all of theirs plus yours you didn't get dinner. Need to mention on top of that you had to maintain a job at a local diner.

You glare at the computer screen trying to focus on the work in front of you instead of the loud noises from the Halloween party downstairs your family was throwing. You wished you could be down there. Maybe even steal a glance from your crush but you knew that wouldn't happen he was two years older than you and your older sister had a certain liking towards him. Part of you assumed she only liked Jonah because you did and she didn't want you to have anything nice in life but you weren't sure. 

The loud music booms from downstairs as you type out the last words. You so badly wanted her to fail but you also wanted to eat so you made sure it was grade A work not a sloppy B like most of your assignments. 

You save and print the essay for your sister, Jemma, to take to class tomorrow. Next on the list Jimmy's homework. You think to yourself. By now this was your nightly routine stay up til midnight studying for your classes and theirs and do their work for them. You grab Jimmy's backpack and begin to pull out his science work.

You look over his sloppy notes telling you his assignments for the day.

Finish the science work sheet handout. Due tomorrow.  Crud you hadn't even started it yet. At this rate you would be here all night....par the norm. 

After half an hour of straight work you decide it won't hurt to go downstairs and get a drink. You silently exit your room closing the door behind you and sneak down the staircase. 

You push through the crowds of teens and into the kitchen where more teens sat and stood drinking sodas and doing weird crap. You made your way over to the cups and grab one before filling it with water and taking a long sip. You walk back towards your room but end up bumming into someone causing your water to go all over you t shirt and soak you. You cringe as the cold water soaks into your bra. (Legit the worst feeling imaginable) 

The girl who ran into you laughs. "You got what you deserved ugly." You were hurt by the girls words but were more hurt by the ice cold water. You roll your eyes and hurry upstairs to change. Once you made it to your room you dig through you dresser til you find a new shirt and bra. 

After changing and making yourself at home with the computer again you hear a knock on your door. Weird....firstly who wants to see me? Secondly who bothers to knock in this house? You think to yourself. 

Slowly you get up from your chair and crack your door open to see Jonah standing outside. You gave him a confused look but open the door anyways. "I saw what happened to you earlier and thought you might want some new water." He says smiling and handing you a cup of water. You smile back at him. Aw he's so thoughtful! You think to yourself. 

"Thanks." You say taking it from him. 

"So why aren't you joining the party?" He asks you before inviting himself in and sitting on your bed.

"Homework." You say blandly. Technically you weren't lying you just weren't telling him who's homework it was. You take a sip of the water before setting it on your desk and taking a seat in your desk chair. 

"Oh come on you can't have THAT much homework." Jonah argues. You shake your head at him.

"Well I do." You say. Sure you liked Jonah but you couldn't straight up tell him you were a slave to your family's homework. Besides even if you did he would just laugh and think you were joking. 

"Can't you come down just for a little bit?" He asks you with pleading eyes. You sigh. 

"Fine." 

That's how you ended up dancing the night away with your big time crush Jonah.