Still care || thomas

I smiled at Chuck as I braided the strips of leather that I finally got after months and months of pleading Alby to put them in the list of the supplies we’d ask the Creators. Finally he listened to me and I could make that bracelet for Thomas.

We had been dating for a long time. Ever since he came up in the Box, he caught my eye. And a week after that, when he was still the Greenie, we began to get closer and closer until we eventually became a couple. 

“You like him a lot, right?” Chuck was teasing me, so I looked at him with the corner of my eye and made a face.

“Shut up, kiddo” I made a knot to finish and close the bracelet and briefly examined it before I looked at the kid. “You’re too young to know about this love stuff”

“I’m not!” He sulkily crossed his arms over his chest, pouting.

“Yes you are, you’re like a little baby” I grinned as I held his face in an obnoxious way to annoy him.

“I’m telling Thomas” Chuck laughed, and so did I.

“Go ahead, he’ll agree with me”

Chuck stuck his tongue out at me and stood up, sweetly smiling before he left.

That kid, I loved him so much. He was like the little brother I never had.

I observed the bracelet more intently, feeling proud with the result. It wasn’t the best, but I hoped Thomas would like it.

I put the bracelet around my wrist and saw that it was too big for me. That meant it had to be more or less the size of Thomas’ wrist.

Then I saved it in my pockets and carried on doing my job as a Builder before Gally could tell me off.

*

Thomas had the day off and was out of the Maze for the day, so when I did my job we had lunch together.

I gave him the bracelet, and he immediately put it on and kissed my cheek, telling me he loved it, and that he loved me.

Things were going perfectly that day until everyone started worrying about Minho. He wasn’t coming back, and it was getting really late.

Along with Newt, Minho was Thomas’ best friend, and he was getting really worried.

“Thomas, you promised” I mumbled as I saw his glance changing from one Door to another.

“I can’t just stay here and do nothing while he’s in there” He argued.

I stared at him with a pleading look. I really hoped he would do that for me.

The previous time, when he was just a Greenie but still ran inside of the Maze to help Alby and Minho, it was terrible. My feelings for him, although still present, weren’t nearly as deep as they were now. And I still spent one of the worst nights of my life.

If he pulled something like that again I might not be able to take it.

Every Glader was pacing around the Doors, waiting for Minho to arrive safe and sound.

“Let’s go to the Homestead” Thomas suggested, placing a hand on my back and gently pushing me.

I knew he was sad, and I knew I was selfish. But I couldn’t lose Minho and him both. No way.

We started walking, but before I realized, Thomas was no longer by my side.

“Thomas!” I yelled, watching him reach the Doors and walk past them.

I ran in his direction, but the Maze was starting to close.

“I’m really sorry, Y/N” He heard him saying as I hurried to get to him. “But I have to do this”