For A Moment (Chapter 44)

I'M DEDICATING THIS CHAPTER TO MY FRIEND JULIE! I UPDATED ESPECIALLY FOR YOU.

"How are you doing?" Niall asked as we were on our way to the hospital. "I'm hanging in there." I said trying to stay calm. "You're doing good, babe." he said squeezing my hand tight. We were almost at the hospital when a car came out of nowhere and hit us from behind and that when I felt a very sharp pain on my abdomen. I know that it's not a contraction, this was something worse and that's when everything went black...

Niall P.O.V.

It came out of nowhere. The car came out of nowhere. I looked over to Vanessa who was unconscious an I didn't know what to do. "Vanessa! Wake up! Wake up!" I yelled but she wouldn't wake up. I called an ambulance and they said they would be here as soon as possible. On out way to the hospital, Vanessa woke up as she was so scared just as much as I was. "Niall, Niall, I don't want to lose her. I can't lose her." She said crying. "Everything is going to be ok, we won't lose her.......we won't lose her." I said holding on to her hand tight. "We won't lose her.." I kept repeating.

"Yes her water broke and we were I our way here." I explained trying to be more calm. "Okay, were going to have to do an emergency c-section." she said. "C-can I be in there?" I asked. "Yes, of course." she said and on our way to the room we ran into everyone and I explained as much as I could but I kept walking to see my wife.

"Everything is going to be ok." I said and kissed her on the forehead. "Okay, we're starting now." the doctor said and I squeezed her hand tightly. After a few minutes she was born but she didn't cry. "I don't here crying! Why is she not crying?" Vanessa cried in agony. "What is going on? Why is she not crying?" I yelled crying and still nothing, just silence. At that moment I heard a beeping sound and saw Vanessa's eyes closing. "She's crashing!" One of the other doctors yelled. That moment everything in my mind went blank as I saw my two girls slipping away from me. "Sir! I need to you leave the room!" I heard faintly in the background but I couldn't move. I couldn't feel anything. "Sir! you need to exit the room now!" I heard the voice more clearly. "Is she ok? is my wife ok? is my daughter ok?" I yelled. "We need you to leave the room so you can work on them." she said walking me towards the door but I still felt numb.

"Niall! What happened?" I heard Lexie say in the background. "Niall, is everything ok?" I heard Melissa. "Niall, you are starting to scare us...what's going on?" I heard Harry. They were all asking me questions but I couldn't answer them. I couldn't do anything, everything was just a blur. All I could think about was my girls. What if the were both death? What if I have to move on with my life without them?

"Mr. Horan?" I heard the doctor say and I stood up from the chair. "Y-yes?" managed to say. "Your daughter was born having some trouble breathing but she is just fine now." She said and I felt a tear stream down my face. "A-and my wife?" I asked. "The fact that she was in the car crash made her lose a lot of blood and we lost her for a minute but she is table now, she just hasn't woken up." She said and I finally felt whole again. "So, they're both going to be ok?" I asked to be sure. "Yes.." She said. "Can I see them?" I said "Yes, of course." She said and I started walking after her. I walked into Vanessa's room and she was still asleep, like the doctor said. "How long will it take for her to wake up." I asked the doctor. "A few hours, she lost a lot of blood and has to recover from that." She said calmly. "I'll be right back with your daughter." she said and left the room. I walked over to sit next to Vanessa. "You have no idea how scared I was when I thought I had lost you both.." I said as I grabbed her hand and held on to it tight. "Here she is." I heard the doctor say and I got up from the chair. She gave her to me and left the room again. The moment I had my daughter in my arms I felt so much peace and tranquility. She was so beautiful, she looked just like her mother. She suddenly opened her eyes and I realized that she had my eyes. At that moment I felt the tears come again. She was starring right into my eyes, she was so breathtaking. "Thank you for not leaving us.." I said softly and kissed her on the forehead. "I promise you that I will always protect you and your mommy....I love you so much." I said with the tears blurring my vision. I can't believe that for a moment there I almost lost them both.

A/N: PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!