Chapter Seventeen: *The Hunting*

We are on our way to the outskirts of the village where Inari saw Deidara and Sasori when sensei suddenly stopped in his tracks..

   "What's the matter Kakashi-sensei?" I asked. He bent down and examined a bush "Look closely.."

    We looked at the bush and saw a piece of black cloth on one of it's branches.

   "It's from an Akatsuki cloak!" Naruto exclaimed. "Take a look at these.." Sasuke-kun said as he pointed the footprints in the ground.

    "We're getting closer to their hideout." sensei said then summoned his eight ninja dogs.

   "Pakkun!" I said, looking at the small and chubby brown dog. "Hi Sakura.." he lazily replied as Naruto started pinching his cheek.

   "So, Kakashi what do you need?" Pakkun asked as he averted his attention to sensei. "Pakkun, can you guys track down this scent?" then he gave him the black piece of cloth.

It took a minute of sniffing..

   "Ten kilometers North!" then the dogs began running to the direction of the smell. We all hurried and followed them, until we stopped at a huge cave with two openings.

   "In there.." Pakkun said "Thank you." Kakashi-sensei thanked the dogs, before vanishing in a poof of smoke.

    As I looked at the cave, I suddenly had goosebumps and felt a large amount of chakra inside. I don't know why but, I felt uncomfortable.... there's definately something wrong here.

   First of all, they are the Akatsuki. I suppose they're not that stupid and careless to leave footprints behind and forget to mask their chakra signatures; they're freaking S-Classed criminals!!!... Second, these cave entrances have nothing on them to prevent intruders from coming in! No barriers. No sealings. No guards. Nothing.. And lastly, what are they looking for here in the Mist? The first "Akatsuki sightings" was almost about five days ago! What on Earth can they be searching for, that took them that long? Well, whatever it is, they still haven't found it..

   "What are we waithing for?! Let's kick some Akatsuki ass already!!!!" Naruto shouted as he started to march inside the left entrance "Wait, Naruto." sensei called "Eh? What's the matter guys?! You chickens???"

   "Dobe. Shut up. Something's fishy going around here." Sasuke-kun finally said "This is, too easy.." I added.

   "They're right. We'll split into two groups instead; Naruto, come with me, we'll take the left; Sasuke go with Sakura in the right, in case an emergency happens if ever you encounter Itachi, she can heal you. Mask your chakra signatures, we can't be too catious.. Now go." Sensei ordered.

   Naruto and Kakashi-sensei then went to the left opening. Me and Sasuke started to enter the right. We walked in silence.

   What could the Akatsuki be up to?.I was lost in my thoughts when Sasuke-kun suddenly spoke "U-Uhm.. S-Sakura?.." "Eh? What is it Sasuke-kun?" he sounded nervous at first, -don't know why- but after a while, he snapped back, "Nevermind." as he gave me his signature 'I-don't-care' glare.

'I swear I'm gonna kill him someday for being the most cold, weird and bastard man on this planet..' (-_-#)

Hell yeah Inner!

   I then shivered as I felt a strong chakra ahead. I sensed that Sasuke-kun felt it too when I saw him grit his teeth, he must recognize it. We ran but at the same time, masked our chakra signatures..

   Something was bothering him as his eyes were now bleeding red and full of fury... "Itachi!!!!" he yelled as he speeded up.

To be continued...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

please read my other story:

Once Upon A Time In Konoha (sasusaku fanfic :)