*Halloween* Scaredy-Cat. (Dallon Weekes x Reader)

════════════════

Request: @sicklybitter: 'Prompt 19, Dallon Weekes? It'd be really great if you could do it. Thanks!'

Prompt 19: Horror movies

════════════════

After finishing a relentlessly soul-crushing day at work, you exhaled happily as you pulled into your driveway, the sight of your house a welcome comfort. Exiting the car, you walked around to the boot and grabbed your laptop bag along with a few other files that needed to be worked through for Friday. You grunted softly as you wobbled up the path, the weight of the bag and the files dragging you down. You spotted your next-door neighbour, Dallon, through your peripheral vision, and yelled out a muffled greeting in response to the one he'd just extended to you.

"You need some help, there?" he offered, putting the lid back on the trash can before dusting his hands off and starting back up the path.

"No, I've got it. Thanks, though," you replied, just about managing to balance everything while you unlocked the door. When you succeeded, you held up the keys and nodded at Dallon to show him that you were fine. He nodded back and waved with a smile as he entered his home, you doing the same.

Huffing, you heavily dropped all the things you were carrying onto the dining table, nearly tripping in the process. Placing one hand on your hip, you used the other to swat away the stray strands of hair that had fallen loose from your bun and then made your way upstairs to get changed. As you made your way down the upstairs hallway, the faint sounds of a bass guitar caught your attention, and you smiled. Every time you heard the notes fluttering over from Dallon's house, you reminded yourself to tell him how talented he is, but whenever you saw him, it totally slipped your mind. Probably largely due to the fact that the two of you seem to only ever see one another when one of you is preoccupied, most of the time with work. You were an events planner, and he was in a band – both of these being exhaustingly demanding jobs, the two of you hardly ever had time to socialise outside of the neighbourly small talk you'd have in passing. It was quite sad, actually. Especially considering that he seemed like an awfully nice guy. Maybe one of these days your schedules would line up and you'd be able to hang out in a decent way.

~

"Yeah, yeah absolutely. Everything is on track," you spoke into your phone, balancing it on your shoulder as you locked the front door, travel mug full of coffee in one hand, your laptop bag slung over your shoulder and two flip files under your arm. "Are you still fine for meeting today?" You made your way over to your car and as you opened the boot and deposited your things inside, your eyes caught sight of splintering black SUV in your neighbour's driveway – Dallon was back from tour. "Yeah, I can do 4.30. That cute bistro on Main Street. Perfect. See you then."

Hopping into the driver's seat, you pulled out and skidded off to your office. The day dragged by gruellingly slow; the majority was spent double, triple and then quadruple checking that everything was set for the flurry of Halloween parties you had organised for two nights from now – the night before Halloween. You had to meet with two of the clients today, and the other two tomorrow, just to inform them that everything was A-Okay and finalise a few tiny details. It was times like these that you amazed yourself; you were organising four parties, all on the same night, all on different sides of town, all by yourself. Of course, this wasn't the first time you've pulled off such a feat, but nevertheless, your abilities never failed to surprise both you and your clients. You couldn't take all the credit, though. You did have a team of amazing post-graduates who helped you tons – one of them stays at each party on the night to make sure everything is running smoothly while you rotate between all the events – but you did virtually all of the work.