Prologue

SIMONE

SIMONE

I sat there sulking in silence in a pool of my own blood. I could barely feel my body but I already knew I was shaking. Everything I looked at was red. It was all I saw.

"Get up and go wash yourself off."

I heard him speak but the words came out so faint, I could barely make out what he had said. So I just sat there; not moving a muscle until I jumped due to glass being shattered inches away from me. I looked up, realizing that he had thrown one of our many picture frames at me. The picture of us on our first date. It was my favorite. "Did you hear what the fuck I said? Get up and go wash yourself off. Now." He repeated sternly, this time earning a reaction from me.

Weakly standing to my feet, I pressed my hand up against the wall for support and began to limp my way in the direction of the bedroom. I heard things being shuffled around behind me, probably him starting to clean up the mess we made.

Once I reached the room, I headed straight for the shower. If I touched anything, I'd get blood all over it.

I started up the shower, turning the water lukewarm so it wouldn't hurt any of the fresh wounds I acquired. Slowly stripping out of my clothes, I looked at my nude appearance in the mirror before quickly looking away and stepping into the tub. The water immediately flushed with a tint of red as my skin started to regain some of it's original color back.

Stepping directly under the shower head, I began to rinse the blood from my face and hair, being careful not to press too hard on the bruises.

I started to weep silently again, letting my tears fall with the water. Every inch of me ached but the worst part about it is that I'm used to that feeling now. That aching feeling is like second nature to me.

Hearing the curtain being pulled back and someone stepping in behind me, I swiftly wiped my eyes and started to wash myself. His arms wrapped around my torso which caused me to slightly jump before stepping back so that there was no space between our bodies anymore.

"I love you, Sim. You know that right?" Psh, as if.

I nodded my head in response, tensing up a bit as he planted kisses on my neck. He held onto me tighter. "I'on know what I'd do if I lost you baby." My mind was racing but my mouth stayed silent as he continued to trail kisses along my bruised skin. "I'm gonna stop hurtin' you, I swear." He said, earning another nod from me.

***

His arms laid comfortably around my naked body as light snores escaped his lips every once in a while. My body was tired but my eyes wouldn't stay shut for the life of me. I wanted to go to sleep so bad. Reaching over on the nightstand, I grabbed my phone and clicked it on.

4:22AM.

I sighed lowly before gasping for air once I felt broad hands grip my neck. "Fuck is you doing on yo phone at four in the mornin', huh?" He clenched his teeth harder with every word he spoke. Clawing at his hand, I felt a tear slip down my cheek as his grip began to get tighter once I didn't answer him.