39

Henry Russels 

I get loose from his arms. 'Don't come with an excuse. You should've talked to the alpha about it and ask for advice. There might've been a change that you could tell me something.'

'Do you regret anything?' Javier has an aura around him like he has been beaten down by hearing this news. Like he almost would blame himself. But he wasn't the alpha at the time. His father was. 

'Nothing.' I sigh deeply. 'If I didn't run away, I wouldn't have found Tomas and... it's official. We're together.'

Alex pulls his brow up in a disgusting way. 'You mean that you two... gross.'

'Hey, don't knock it if you don't try it.' It comes out of my mouth so quick that I almost want to bite my tongue for it.

Javier burst out laughing. 'Jep, that's Henry. Or at least how I still remember you.' He comes up from leaning against his desk. 'And now that I know the truth. You're always welcome to come back home.' As a surprise, he hugs me. 'And what I can say is that I'm sorry. I think we all had a part in it that made you run away.'

'Thank you, but there's enough to do first. Even after that... Tomas might be a future alpha but he's still dealing with his past. I'm gonna do my best to help him with that. It could be possible that we're staying at his pack and come here for a vacation or something. It's really hard to say.'

Keaton smiles. 'But first, we need to go back to California to see what the Elders are doing there. If they have a plan or not.'

Lydia nods to him. 'Maybe we can help too. Just give us a call.'

'Henry, I have to ask.' Javier stops me before reaching the door. 'Is there a way that this Wadeguy could get the names out of you? You know more people with a gift than the ones on this list. Can there be a breaking point for you that will give him what he's looking for?'

I laugh short. 'No.' There'sno way that I will give up those names. 'And going after Tomas will only cause the warrior in me to come out and play. With the attack back at the Blackleaf pack, I killed about fifteen hunters myself. Someone aimed a shotgun at Declan. I surprised him and broke the shotgun. After that, someone was stupid enough to put a gun against Tomas' head. I ripped his heart out when the gun went of. He missed my heart so it came out. After that, I killed two more because those two morons were trying to make sure I was dead. Their mistake.' I growl a bit.

'Who's Declan?' Lydia seems anxious.

'The alpha of the Blackleaf pack.' I reply.

The eyes of my father lighten up. 'Stay for dinner. Your mother would be thrilled to see you again. She misses you. Not to mention Autumn and Brady, your sisters.'

Right. 'Can I get back to that, after I talked to Tomas? He's not much of a talker. He only talks to me.'

'True, to me he hardly talks.' Keaton gives my father a smile. 'Sometimes he does but never a full conversation. He's an observer and he listens to others.' 

Javier takes a deep breath. 'Good traits someone needs to have if you ever have to lead the pack one day.' By the door, he stands still. 'You can have my office for a minute or so if you need to talk to him.'

***

It turns out that Tomas not only mind to have dinner with my parents, but he also surprised me as well to answer a few questions. Even though my sisters basically bombarded him with all kinds of questions.

Now, we're on the way as wolves again. This time with the consent of Javier and that we're always welcome. Talking to Tomas about it, helped me. But explaining Javier and my father still was a big step for me, made it more clear what was really going on two years ago.

My mind trail back to dinner. As soon as my mother saw me, she came running and took me in her arms. Cooing, hugging and saying that she missed me so much. She even cried. My sisters were surprised but yet they hugged me too. Autumn got more beautiful than ever with her chocolate brown hair and dark eyes. Working in a hospital as a nurse and she's happy that way. Bradi, who looks just like me, has a contract to be a model. And right now, they're waiting for their first shift and to find out who their mate is.

Thanks to Javier, I was able to talk to Tomas in private to tell him what is going on and what I want to do next. Like expected, Tomas wasn't really fond of finding out that I want to get caught by Wade. It took me ten minutes to convince him that it would be better that way to avoid any surprises if we ever have to face the hunters.

We passed the border already twice. Leaving Ontario behind us. Just a small part through Minnesota and to head for North Dakota. After that Montana, Idaho, Nevada and finally California. Traveling like this should take like two days maximum. Both Keaton and Tomas agreed on it. Like they know that we need to be fast.

After a long time, I know we passed the border and disappear in the forest of Minnesota. All in a time span of four hours running nonstop. Only this time, Keatoncomes up from behind me and just drops down to the ground. Right. We need a break.

I shift back and quickly put my boxers back on. 'Lunchtime Keaton. Sorry.'

He changes too and dresses fast. That means just his boxers and T-shirt. 'How long can you keep running?'

Tomas laughs next to me. 'I can run for six hours but then I need a break.'

'Hm, seven hours straight.' I guess he and I have more in common than I thought. 'Though, I can run for four hours on top speed.' I needed that to get away the first time I escaped the hunters.

'Where are we?' Keaton gulps water down his throat. Being happy that we have a break now.

I swallow the bite of my sandwich down. 'Minnesota, close to Red Lake pack.' I smile at him. 'It is that we have to avoid being seen by staying in the forest.' 

'When do we get to California?' Tomas asks.

I turn my head. 'We head to Payette national forest in Montana, close to Idaho. That's where we'll stay for the night. Tomorrow through Idaho and Nevada to go straight to California.' I looked it up on my phone before we left. That way I know for sure that we travel as fast as we can. Otherwise, this will take to long. 

*****************

I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting this long. There's no excuse for that. Still, I'd like to thank you for holding on, reading, and voting for my story. 

There is, however, an apology for it. I've been busy writing. Ehm, not a story that will end up here, unless I would write Dutch stories for Wattpad. I'd like to write in English for most of you since it's a common language. 

Just bear with me. I will finish this story but I can't put a time on it for when the next update will be. For that I'm sorry. Simply because I have tons of inspiration to keep writing. Waking up already with an idea in mind for a story. So, yeah, there's hope. 

Also, on another note, this is a serie I'm working on and I will finish it. Though it will take some time. The other stories just have to wait but they will end up here on WP. 

Until then... keep reading, comment if you want and don't forget to vote. I love you and see you with the next update.