37

Henry Russels 

Hearing that answer, only pisses me off more. 'Were they looking for an easy way to cover this up or something? An accident is hardly a werewolf thing.' I look him in his eyes. 'We use our high senses, claws, and fangs.' Even a bit of fear and sadness is to being seen in his eyes. 'You got scared of your own pack because of how they treated you, so you run, isn't it?'

'Yes.' His beautiful clear brown eyes are full of remorse. 

I can tell that he wants it all gone. To be able to go back home. Make amends with his family. 'I ran away because I knew I was different. After my first shift, I knew that I wouldn't find my mate. At least, not how the Goddess intended too. Though, I somehow knew that there was something... I suppose, my gift is also a reason. I realize I was special but I didn't want to hurt my family for being mateless, at the time.' I look away. 'But now... I have to go back and tell them about the Deadpool. My name is on it, but also my fathers.' I take a step closer to the desk. Which is mahogany wood. Warm and pleasant. 

'I'll be there for you.' Tomas hugs me from behind. 'All the way.' A lovely kiss on my neck follows. 'Though the Goddess didn't exactly choose us to be together, we are mates by claiming each other.' With his nose, he tickles my neck up to my ear. 'You're mine now, Henry, and I will do whatever it takes to keep you with me.'

I turn around in his arms to face him. His eyes seem darker than ever before. Making my heart speed up while missing a beat. A shiver runs down my spine. A shiver that I can feel all over my body and it finds it's way down to my heart.

Tomas moves his hand up and lays it in my neck. Looking me deep in the eyes. 'I love you.'

His confession makes my heart jump up. Have my wolf all jumping of happiness and joy. Only to feel his lips. But I break the kiss, holding his chin with my thumb and index finger. 'I love you too.' I feel like I'm drowning in his eyes. Being able to feel his love for me. I dare to smile a bit and I let our lips connect again. This time for a loving and gentle kiss. Yet none of us is trying to be the dominant one. Damn. This is the kind of kiss that can take you to the clouds. It sure turns my world upside down.

***

'Thank you.' Blake smiles at me when he shakes my hand. 'Give me a call, sometimes. If it comes down to a fight, let me now as well. A few of us are willing to fight with you.'

I'm very thankful for every pack because the alpha gave his word to fight alongside us against the hunters. For that, I have Blake's number now. 'I will. Thank you for your hospitality.'

Keaton thanks the man also.

After that, we walk away to disappear between the trees. 'Alright.' My heart beats almost in my throat. 'We need to be fast and that will be on four paws.' When we're deep enough, I don't mind that Keaton wants to change without seeing Tomas or me. I strip myself fast and put everything back in my bag. Simply by running as a wolf, we'll need to avoid the human world. So that means, going through Wabakimi Provincial Park. Still, we have to stop in time to get dressed again. Not that we encounter a few of my pack members.

I concentrate on my wolf. Feeling my bones to shift and change to the skeleton for my wolf. My fur comes out rapidly. Just like my claws come out. The last thing I see, is my nose getting longer and changing into a muzzle with canines. Everything happens so fast. After I stand on all four, I look to my side. Tomas follows me just as quick. I take my backpack in my mouth to throw it up and I stick my head through it. This will make it a lot easier.

Again Tomas does the same.

With a growl, I start to walk away. Every minute that passes, I speed up till I'm actually running with Tomas right beside me and Keaton behind us. Alright, five minutes after we reach the border of Québec. I let my wolf take over and take a bit of rest myself. I can hear the promise of my wolf coming back at me that he will stop in time.

Silently, we run as fast as we can to get to my pack. Where I come from. Hopefully that they won't send me away. Who am I kidding? I have important information. My name is on a Deadpool and so is my father.

As soon as we left the border behind us, we stop at Lac au Goéland to drink something. Okay, four more minutes and than to change back. Someone probably knows that we're here, I tell my wolf. 

Like he promised he stops after four more minutes of running. We sure did this in record time. I can shift back to my human form and get dressed quickly. Having my normal clothes on again. Which means my cargo pants with a plain white T-shirt and a leather jacket. The combat boots make it complete and I put my backpack on my back again.

I wait for Keaton to be dressed and that he joins us to walk the last bit. With Tomas right next to me. I'm here because of the Deadpool. My dad needs to know and the alpha as well. That's crucial information and more important, it's classified. Not everyone can know about it.

It doesn't take long or I can hear something. Heartbeats. My heart seems to sink down. Hoping that it wouldn't be all that bad. Come on. I know I left but it's not like I abandoned you forever. God, I left because of myself. I ran away from myself. Within a second Tomas stands before me and he snarls low. I take his hand quick and he relaxes visibly. I find his eyes and shake my head almost invincible. Then to look ahead of me.

About twenty warriors are standing in a line. Like it's a border they don't want me to cross it. One guy takes the lead. 'You're not welcome here anymore, Henry. Go away.'

I recognize him as Alex. Someone who used to be a friend. He changed. 'I need to talk to the alpha.' I'm here for a reason. And buddy, you forget that this is still my home, no matter what. Though, I don't speak out all my thoughts. That would be a bad thing, right now.

Alex raises his hand. 'Talk to me first.' To smirk this time. 'You have to get through me to be able to get to the alpha. And let me tell you, that Javier is not that forgiving as you think.' 

'Move.'

A familiar voice gets to me. But then I see him. He even pushes Alex out of his way. The man I always looked up to. Even now, I still do. The man who's responsible that I live. He stops all the sudden, yet his scent is getting all emotional. 'I'm sorry.' The only one I can look at is my father. 

*********************

Writers Block, people. I can only apologize a few times. So, I'm sorry. I can't seem to write much lately. Therefore, I'm not much active here on Wattpad. Or even on Quizlet, for those of you who are there as well. 

So bear with me. The rest of the story is coming. Maybe soon or maybe late. But it's definitely coming. 

So if you have comments, critics, advice or whatever, let me know. Please vote too. I'll leave it at this and hope to see your reactions on the upcoming chapters.