8

Henry Russels 

For a while, I don't talk to Keaton. We just walk in the forest for quite some time and I try to set the speed. I'm thinking what the best logic is. Apparently, there are just two packs in California. So now we are on the way to the pack at Grisdale. But some states have two or even three packs. It depends on how big the state is.

After a few hours, the sun comes up. Giving the forest a normal light again.

'Can we stop for a break.' Keaton comes up to me. 'I'm tired of walking for three hours and I haven't slept at all. I'm not used to this.'

I listen closely with my eyes closed and can hear a river.

'Are you tired because of me?'

Quickly I shake my head. 'There's a river nearby. We'll stop there for a break.' I turn to him. 'I'm sorry that I'm not really good company. I'm used to traveling alone.' Mostly I'm just thinking about everything about this Deadpool. 'You can sit down for the break but don't lay down.Otherwise, you will fall asleep and we'll lose the rest of the day. I was hoping to get to the Grisdale pack by nightfall.'

Unbelievable Keaton looks at me. 'You can seriously walk for hours without taking a break? I know that you haven't slept at all either.'

'I'm used to it because I travel for two years, remember.' I tell him. I know that I need him to be alert and awake before we get there. But I guess it's just me that I don't want to waste any time by taking time to go to sleep fora whole night. Yet it does get to me that this is the first time for him to talk about a break.

As soon as we arrive at the river, Keaton sits down and drink some water. 'How does half an hour sound for a break?'

Keaton swallows some water and cleans his mouth. 'Sounds great, although I would appreciate it more if I could just sleep for a couple hours. Henry, I'm exhausted and because of that, I would fall behind. I can't keep up with your speed.' He shakes his head. Even a yawn escapes him.

Yeah, I got that already. About an hour ago he started to fall behind me. So sometimes I had to check that he still followed me. He was like five steps behind. 'Keaton, if I would allow you to get some rest, you would fall asleep and I won't be able to wake you up.' I sigh. 'Look around you and tell me what you see?'

He frowns. 'I don't know what you mean. I see trees, a river.'

'I see a wide open area with no way of being safe. We can't stay here for long. That's why we need to keep moving.' I know he tired. So am I but I know that I keep it up longer. God, I can even stay awake for almost two days straight. 'When we're somewhere safe on the land from a pack, we get some sleep. Not like this when we're out in the open.' If the hunters would be coming our way, I'm the one to fight them. 'When was the last time you had a decent fight?' I ask out of the blue.

Keaton, who almost had his eyes closed, looks up again. 'Too long ago.'

Right. That just says enough. 'You need to start training again and fast. If we get hunters after us and it comes down to a fight, then it will be me facing them alone because you would be no match for them.'

'Henry, please.'

This time I don't give him a chance. 'I know but not here. We are easy targets right now. We need to move.' I fill my bottle with water from the river and put it back on the side of my backpack. 'Now, Keaton! Throw some water in your face and let's go!'

Startled he does what I tell him. 'You can be quite harsh.'

I shake my head. 'No, I'm being rational. We're not safe here.' I stand up, putting my backpack on again. 'You can sleep if I can find a relatively safe place. Let's go before you do fall over.'

****************

Everything needs an introduction, doesn't it? So stay tuned, soon he will find Tomas. And from there on, trouble will be coming too. ;) 

Please, don't forget to vote, comment, a thumb up or anything else.