Four

Four: Birthday Ball disaster

~

The evening before Yuu's Birthday was filled with anxiety and rushes. All of the kingdom was in a hurry to make preparations. From the decor, to the cake, to the food, to the invitations being past out, not a single detail dared to be messed up. Yuu was in for his own little anxiety attack. After being scowled by his father, he leaned against the window of his room, looking outside the Everglades of Emerald.

The shining sun was falling towards the ground, creating a purple like color coating the ceiling of the world. His shinning orbs began to brighten even more, creating a chat noir like feature. That's what his father often referred to him as. A black cat with neon green eyes. Eyes that glowed brightly, especially on his birthday.

He was often asked if his eyes ever hurt from the sun and with a compelling lie, he stated it hurt the least just like others. In reality, the young prince was in terrible pain from his eyes nearly all the time. And on his birthday, he felt in even more excruciating pain overwhelming his fragile body. It gave him chest pains and even headaches. Some in town even talk about how they've seen the prince's skin glow in a bright green just like his eyes.

The pain began taking over and Yuu could only feel it. It was tolerable but on his birthday, not at all. He hated birthdays just because of that. It as if something poked his orbs. And little did he know, it truly did.

"Yuu, there you are, I've been looking all over for you," a voice interrupted. Guren noticed the small boy panting rather hard, eyes glowing brighter than that of a black cat. Sweat dripped from his forehead as his pants became louder and harder from the terrible eye pains taking over. Guren knew it would get worse as he aged, although. He felt terrible about knowing he himself could've taken the duty of protecting the jewel implanted in his beautiful eyes, but for the sake of the country, he knew it was best the keep it hidden in Yuu.

"It got worst, didn't it?" Guren sighed, taking a seat by his son on the bay window. Yuu furrowed his eyebrows, closing his eyes slowly.

"It's not even my birthday yet and I already feel it getting so strong, father, I don't think I'll be able to attend the ball like this; can you imagine how horrible it will be tomorrow night?" Yuu murmured. Guren only huffed, slapping his shoulder slightly, enough not to hurt his small son.

Yuu was very fragile, of course, he blamed the Emerald for that. But he knew he would become a strong man once he hit eighteen, he just knew it for he was once like him.

"At least be a little excited will you? I have a huge surprise for you that I'm sure you'll love," Guren smiled. He loved his son, he truly did. Yuuchirou was his only kid, what more could he give than to give him the strongest demon sword known to man kind? His next victim would surely be the old queen Krul, she would surely make an even powerful weapon suited perfectly for the future king Yuu. Perhaps the vampire king would be better suited for him? One step at a time.

"You should get some rest, Mitsuba will be up here tomorrow morning to get you ready for the first birthday breakfast, after that, you will go into the garden to take a photo shoot and we will have some lunch, than, we shall prepare the castle for the ball, get some rest my son, you'll truly need it, I'll send someone up here to get you some medication to lower the pain for your eyes," he concluded, rubbing his head in a childish manner. Yuu weakly smiled, walking towards his bed. Tomorrow truly should be a day to remember, even though it was like every other birthday.

~

"So, the vampire king isn't here at this very moment, m'lord," one knight huffed. Luke III, a young knight Shinya truly trusted.