[7] Don't Vex The Cook

This was the first night with your stay at the Raiders that you could get a comfortable night sleep.

However, you felt a strong urge to escape the comfort, it felt like a deceptive trick to hide you from the true horror of being captive.

But at this moment in time, you wanted to risk indulging the nice feeling of the bed. The warmth, the smell of clean sheets, the quiet room separated from the shouting crew members that would wake you up at the crack of dawn.

You stayed in your blissfully ignorant state for less than ten seconds before hearing someone let out a groaning noise next to your ear.

Your eyes shot open and you sat up immediately to see the figure beside you.

Katsu was still sleeping, his body more relaxed than you had ever seen. He had turned over to face away from the early morning rays streaming through the window and hitting his side of the bed.

Your eyes ran over him in his vulnerable state and you found yourself taking a better look at his body. His wide shoulders took up a lot of space, which wasn't a suprise. He had one of the more muscular physiques besides Damon.

Your eyes trailed down to his exposed abdomen that was littered with scars. You could only imagine how many close calls he had.

Your finally set your sight on the bandaged shoulder of his, and you winced as you came to realise his previous groan was because you had been sleeping on it.

You instinctively jumped as he groaned again. He peeked a lazy eye open and cracked a smile. "Morning (y/n), getting a good look while I'm out?"

You would have answered quicker if you hadn't found his voice morning voice so distracting.

"No, I just woke up."

"Did you sleep well?" You tried to catch any indication if he knew you had practically cuddled up to him last night.

"The bed...was comfortable."

"Glad to hear it. You should sleep with me more often then."

You felt your face heating up but tried to suppress the predictable reaction. You needed to avoid feeding his teasing behaviour.

He was still your captor.

Suddenly, you heard a loud bang followed by yelling, causing you to jump on your feet. Katsu looked calm, however relatively annoyed.

"Is it another attack?"

Katsu groaned. "Nope, our cook."

Before you could respond, the door burst open. Damon was standing at the entrance whilst gripping onto Vincent's collar.

The looked as though something seemed to have exploded in their faces. They were covered in soot and parts of their clothes burnt.

Clearly, cooking had gone terribly.

"What happened this time?"

Vincent didn't say anything, whereas Damon scoffed.

"Don't act like you didn't just blow up my kitchen! I was making lunch preparations, and I asked for your help because I thought you would be useful!"

"...I did what I could. I'm not the best at cooking, you should know this."

"Don't turn the blame on me about my own kitchen!"

Damon eyes narrowed in your direction. "You. Follow me."

You froze. "Me?"

His raised brow made it clear that you shouldn't question him. You could not make another Raider dislike you.