Chapter 11

S E B A S T I A N

When we got the the hospital Teegan asked where Hope had been taken and we both walked to the room. Ambrose was waiting outside the room, playing with the hem of his shirt.

Teegan looked at me, silently asking me to talk to him while he went inside to check on Hope.

I took a seat beside Ambrose and he didn't look up, "Hope's gonna be fine." I reassured, "I can't count the times I've broken my arms, I was a reckless pup at times."

He looked up at me, "But it's my fault."

"It can't be."

"I-I didn't grab her, or-or warn her." I saw the tears beading up in his ocean blue eyes.

I picked him up and put him in my lap just as he let out the first sob. He buried his face in my neck and cried as he wrapped his arms around me. I gently rubbed his back, assuring him continuously that it wasn't his fault and that she would be okay.

"You're a good big brother, Ambrose and Hope his lucky to have you." I told him as he began to calm down.

He only response was squeezing me tighter.

A few more minutes passed and Jesse walked out.

"You can come in now." I stood up and Jesse offered to take Ambrose but I held on tighter and let out a quiet, low growl, making Jesse drop his arms and purse his lips. I know I shouldn't have done that, Ambrose was his kid but I felt a wave of protectiveness as the pup sniffed in my arms.

Teegan's eyes were narrowed at me when I walked in, telling me he saw what I did to Jesse.

Hope was sitting up in the bed, her arm in a lime green cast. She smiled at me and I pulled up a chair sitting down on it and turning Rose around in my lap, "See, she's fine, aren't you Hope?"

She nodded and smiled at her brother, "He gave me a candy."

The doctor smiled down at her then looked over at Ambrose, "Would you like a piece too?"

Ambrose looked hesitant before he nodded. The doctor held out a jar and Rose picked out a sucker, taking off the wrapper before sticking it in his mouth.

"Hope should be able to get the cast off in a week or two, since her werewolf just recently fully developed the healing abilities are still not as strong. You can go to your pack doctor to get it removed and go in for regular check ups, I will give you a copy of the x-rays to give to your pack doctor and notes so he or she knows what to do."

"Thank you." Teegan smiled.

"You can sign her out whenever you are ready, the files will be ready at the front desk.

We nodded and he left.

Teegan sighed, "Do you guys want to go back with your dad?"

Hope nodded, "Yeah."

I looked down at Ambrose and he looked back at me, "Do you want to go back to your dads with Hope? She'll be okay and so will you."

He did answer for a while but finally nodded after a minute, "Yeah."

"How about after school Monday I take you both to go see that new Disney movie that's coming out."

Their eyes instantly widened, "Really?" Ambrose asked.

I nodded and looked at Teegan, "As long as it's okay with Teegan."

"Please papa." Hope and Ambrose begged in unison.

Teegan glared at me, "Fine, but your spending the night with Sebastian."

"Yay!" They cheered.

Ambrose gave me a hug and went over to Jesse. We talked for a bit then left, Hope and Ambrose going with Jesse but only after a lecture about being careful from Teegan.