before the words

DIL JAANTA HAI | chaashnee

▪︎ e x c e r p t ▪

"I heard you've stopped ignoring people?"

Leaning against the counter opposite him, I stare right into his dark brown eyes. "Don't worry, you haven't cleared the list yet. Why aren't you out there? You seem to be Arnav's crowd."

"Bagging deals in a private welcome party?" He pours himself a glass. "You've clearly not figured me out yet."

"Oh really?" I tilt my head to the side. "What are you really like then? Clearly not a party animal either."

"Just like you. Hating situations that ignore my humane side."

Silence follows his sentence, not the uncomfortable one, but the one where there's no need to speak something.

Recapping the bottle, I give out a small smile. "If that's your way of bagging a deal with the Deewan Industry, let me tell you, you're talking to the wrong person."

His small, ever present smirk transforms into a smile continuing into a low laugh, as he shook his head.

Turning my back to him, I place the now quarter filled water bottle back in the refrigerator when he says, "You know, I have some theories about you."

"Well, everyone does," I return back to my position. "What's your version of my sob story?"

"I wouldn't call it a sob story," he shrugs.

"Well, people won't exactly introduce me as a rainbows and unicorn person," I reply, folding my arms.

"People are just beliefs, Arvika," his smirk is accompanied by his shiny eyes reflecting in the dim lights. "And you? You're the most intriguing theory."