Prison Life

-Hiccups Pov-

Darkness. That's the first thing I remember. It was dark. And it was cold. And I was scared...

But then, then I saw Toothless. He was so energetic and so full of life, that he just seemed to chase the darkness away, and when he did - I wasn't scared any more.

But why I was here, and how I had got here - that I don't know. And part of me wonders what will happen next.

(A/N. I HAD to include this! It just seemed to fit!)

XxXxXxXxXxXx

I don't know how long I was in the Berk prison for - maybe minutes, hours, days or even a week. There was no window which I could see, and the walls were bare and made of rock, some of which had small carvings in. There was a small chair at one side of the room, and next to that there were chains which were linked to the walls which, if I remember correctly, were used for the more violent and dangerous prisoners. Across from my cell, I could clearly see Toothless. I guess I was lucky that they hadn't killed him - but knowing my father it could go either of two ways. He was either going to study it intensely and note everything in the Book of Dragons to be known as the first viking to capture a Night Fury and then use what knowledge he had to hunt down more (if Toothless wasn't the last one that is); or, more likely, he was going to turn it into this massive peice of entertainment and invite every single one of our allies and all the neutral tribes to come and watch him be the first viking to kill a Night Fury... and that made me panic. But, what would happen to me?

I was distracted from my thoughts when I heard the clunk of metal and Toothless was passed a bowl of fish by the guard. He ran straight over, and being surprisingly docile to the man who might have encaged him, started to tuck into the fish hungrily. I smiled - at least Toothless was being taken care of. When the guard turned around, I saw his familiar face.

"Hoark!" I shouted at him. He completely ignored me. "Hoark!" I ran upto the cage bars and rattled them as much as I could to try and get him to turn around. "Hoark!"

"How do you know my name?" He roughly said, coming up to my cage bars and staring deathly at my eyes, although I highly doubt he could see them through my helmet, which for some reason wasn't removed - Toothless probably had something to do with that.

"I know more than you think." I told him. He stared at me, then walked away. "Hoark! Come back!" I pleaded. He stopped yet again and turned on the spot.

"What do you want?" He growled.

"Um... a little food and water if it isn't too much to ask..." I told him politely, "Please?"

"I'll ask." Were his final words before marching off back into the dimly lit corridor. I sighed - Hoark hadn't changed one bit. He was still rough and rude, but he always had a soft spot in him for people who were unfairly suffering, and that must mean he thought that I was unfairly suffering. I was glad to know that some vikings didn't think I should be down here.

Later that day (or atleast I think it was the same day) he came back with a small jug of water and a plate of bread. It wasn't Sven's bread, but honestly I didn't care and I shovelled it down. So that's how the days went on - wake up, be bored, changing of the guard, be bored, talk to Toothless who couldn't understand me, be bored, watch Toothless eat, be bored, eat, be bored, drink, be bored, try and make conversation with Hoark, be bored, sleep, repeat.

But then, one day, something changed. I was just sitting, staring at the cracks in the floor when I heard a familiar voice.

"What should we do with him?" I heard the booming voice of Stoick the Vast say.