[Revised/Edited] Episode 69: Washing Away One's Cares

"The revitalizing force beckons."

*Nyima*

I looked down at the blissful looking Iah as he slept seated on the long, red couch. He was rather annoying with his flirting, but I had to admit, the guy had a fairly handsome face. Alright, maybe a little more than 'fairly'. Uh, only a little...

I turned toward our homeroom teacher. "Do you have any spare blankets? I mean, it's warm now but it'll get cool overnight," I said, sitting down next to Iah.

"I do," Ms. Key responded. She walked up a set of aqua blue carpet stairs but then stopped midway as I stood up to follow her. "If you'd like to take a shower, feel free to do so. There are three bathrooms, so discuss amongst yourselves who will take a shower first."

"Adela did the most to help us out," Vermeil stated. "So I think she should take a shower first."

"You girls should shower first," Alto suggested. "I'm fine waiting." He ran up the first couple of stairs until he was within speaking distance of our teacher. "Is it fine if I grab a glass of water?"

"Yeah, go ahead," Ms. Key responded. "You can drink and eat whatever's available in the kitchen. Oh right. After some of you are done taking a shower, can you accompany me to get some drinks and food? I don't usually have this many guests."

"Well, I'm going to go take a shower," I said as I caught up to Ms. Key. "Teacher, where are the bathrooms?"

"The closest one is upstairs, I'll show you the way," she said. She pointed to the second white oak door closest to the stairs. "I assume you brought your own clothes?"

"Yes," I said, nodding. "I don't have enough money to buy a whole new wardrobe here so I brought some clothes from home."

"You may also use this room to sleep," she said. "Also feel free to use the bed to pick what you'll like to wear."

I formed fists and put them together before bowing slightly. "I don't know how to thank you, but...well thanks."

She grinned as she carried some blankets out of a closet next to my room. "Don't mention it, I want you to enjoy your stay here. Plus, it was my country's fault for what happened."

"Hey, would you mind if I ask you something?"

She raised an eyebrow. "It depends on what it is."

"Did you come to this school when you were our age? The way you were talking, it contained an ounce of bitter nostalgia."

Her brow furrowed as her eyes drooped toward the floor. "Yeah, I did. It wasn't the greatest experience. We foreigners were actively hunted down like animals. My class only managed to survive thanks to the help of a certain boy who brought us together like you are now."

"Hunted you down? That's awful."

She nodded. "It was, and even if we managed to graduate, a lot of us were still left with scars. I'm glad that at least your situation seems to be better. Well, I'll be taking my leave. Enjoy your shower."

I entered the room and picked out my clothes before walking into the bathroom. It was so clean, it was the polar opposite of the bathrooms in our dorm. The cool water felt so good, as if my energy was being revitalized. I even felt like I could fight Zelde, Adela, and Iah all in a row.

I wanted to stay in the tub all day, but the rest still hadn't had a turn. I should have waited until everyone was done to keep the shower to myself, but that would've been rude towards Ms. Key, her water bill would be too high.