Death

Adonis walked up and down the private sector of Saint Christopher hospital. He never thought he would be back here, it seems like fourteen years was nothing. Being back here made him feel like he wasn't a twenty-four years old anymore, he was a ten-year-old who had just been picked up from school and told his mom was sick and may not make it. His thoughts made his eyes dart up to the giant gold plaque with his mother's name on it. His father had bought the private wing and named it after his mother, like this would make up for killing her, the vibrating in his front pocket caused him to stick his hand in his sweats and pull out his phone, he saw that it was his assistant calling but he didn't answer he instead turned off his phone the only thing he needed to know was in that room, nothing else mattered right now... nothing

"Wake up Remington, you have to wake up"

24 hours earlier

"Just come through here, I know the hall loops around crazily, my stepmothers a bit of an architecture fanatic"

"It's ok, I needed the privacy" 

Noah nodded as he clasped on to Remi's hand leading her into the living room of his stepmothers home. His father had married five women and his second stepmother was his favorite, she actually gave a damn about him that's why they spent all the holidays together reading her medical books and she thought him how to save a life. That explains why she became a registered natal nurse and she allows homeless pregnant woman stay there while she helps them through the nine months and sometimes birth, she was always prepared, she stocked her home with enough medicine to tranquilize a horse. When Remi had called Noah was more then shocked that someone already published that contract, he told that jumpy, low level, love-struck skank Isobella to relax and let him handle things but instead she goes and publishes it, oh well it worked out for him none the less, his girl was here and her hand was in his, nothing mattered. 

With a hard thump Remington hit the couch, she couldn't feel anything but overwhelming sadness, not anger or anything else just uncontrollable sadness that just kept ripping at her soul with every passing second. It was all a contract, he signed on a dotted line and bought himself a new life, she was just the credit card. Maybe that's why Iso was back or maybe she never left and Adonis played her all along.

"So how are you?"

"Please, I know you've seen the photo, I'm sure everybody has seen that photo"

"Yeah"

"I just can't wrap my head around it but I also can't act like I don't deserve it."

Noah sighed as he sat on the wooden stool in front of Remi              

"What the hell do you mean by that Remi no matter what you did it should not be publicized for the whole world to see, I don't understand why he would do this."

"You think Adonis published it"

"I mean who else could have published it"

Remi's head went straight into her hands as a roaring headache slammed into her this was not how she planned her day.

" I know, I know, it makes complete sense, this is probably how he planned on telling me it's over."

"If he can't see what I see, he doesn't deserve you."

Remi raised her head as dull tears fell from her eyes 

"What do you see...Noah"

Noah leaned in and his hand caressed Remi's face.

" I see a beautiful, smart, kind and all-out amazing woman who has the biggest heart I've ever seen"

"Well that not exactly true now is it"