Chapter 5

You knew you hadn't backed into something, but someone. With any luck, it's not the man that Anti was arguing with. You half fell, half stumbled into the corner after whoever was behind you disappeared. But for some odd reason, you had hoped it was Anti. You weren't sure why.

The room filled with a bright light and you immediately shielded your eyes, trying to adjust to the sudden change. As soon as your removed your arm from your face, your gaze wandered to the middle of the room where Anti stood.

His expression was unreadable as he stared at you, leaning on your chair slightly with his arms crossed over his chest. You looked a bit closer and realized that his eyes were red and puffy. Like he'd been.. crying. You were confused, a million questions pounding against your skull.

After a few uncomfortable minutes of silence, Anti finally spoke up. His voice was cold and void of any emotion, probably like his soul. "I don't want to do this to you." You were confused again, opening your mouth to say something, but you couldn't form any words as you clammed it shut again.

You saw Anti's mouth twitch upward into a small smile, but he forced it back into a straight line. "At a loss for words?" He asked jokingly, slightly tilting his head to the side as he flashed a maniacal smile. His hair fell to the side, covering his crazy eye and revealing his blue one.

Your face slowly flushed as you turned your head away from him. You heard a chuckle from him, the sound more natural than his distorted one as you looked back up in surprise. You hadn't known that he changed his voice to get you surprised so he could see if you were blushing.

His plan worked. You stood there for a while until Anti's head suddenly jerked to his left and he made a slight growling sound in the back of his throat. A few seconds later and he turned his attention back to you.

"I have to go, but don't think we're done with this conversation." Anti walked toward the door, but before he could even lay a hand on the doorknob to open it.. you did something that you never thought you would do.

"Don't leave!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Edited and modified by @IrishPsychopath *