47 | C A U G H T

•••
I tried to kill the pain,
but only want more.
•••

   "I think Lynn has gotten herself in some trouble." George entered the shop, where Fred was already busy carrying some boxes to refill the shelves. "She's not answering my letters for weeks now."

   "Maybe she's got no time to reply", Fred said without looking at his brother, starting to put the boxes on their places. "Sixth year is hard. Lot of homework, remember?"

   "I also had that thought", George said, leaning against the shelf. "But since it's really been an awful long time, I asked Ginny. She said Lynnea isn't herself anymore."

   "I fear that's none of my business", Fred muttered coldly, but his insides turned and twitched by the thought of Lynnea suffering.

   "Could you please stop acting like you aren't concerned?", George snapped.

   "What do you want me to do?", Fred asked, walking back to the store room, grabbing another couple of boxes, George on his heels. "She's a tough girl, she'll be okay."

   George furrowed his eyebrows. "See, I promised Ginny not to tell you, but maybe this will finally help you waking up."

   "What exactly?"

   "She's someone new", George replied in an icy voice, and Fred's heart skipped a beat, his glare finally landed on George, and it took him everything to keep up his disinterested mask. "Gin is assuming he's an abusive little wanker, beating Lynnie up." The boxes Fred had held crushed down to the floor. "She's covered in bruises and scratches for a while now, he's in total control of her. But she doesn't admit it. And now she stopped writing."

   He wanted to hurt, to kill, he wanted to find that son of a bitch and let him bleed. Fred was burning in rage only by the thought of someone touching cute little Lynnea, of someone hurting this innocent girl. But then he did something he hated himself for most of all: With a dead panned look he shrugged and bowed down to pick up the boxes.

   "Say b rother, have you completely lost your mind?", George's voice thundered through the shop room. "I swear by Merlin's grave, if you won't stop acting like that, I'm gonna kill you! It's Lynnea we're talking about! And if anything will happen to her, be sure that it'll be all your fault, you whiny pain in the arse!"

   Fred watched his brother storm out of the shop, banging the door shut behind him. Never in his life had he felt worse. How could he be that dumb to think, that Lynnea was safer without him? How could he be that arrogant to think she would be okay without him, no matter what. And slowly dropped in the realisation, that he'd made the biggest mistake of his life.

•••

   Everything was fine, as long as Lynnea did what he told her. It was not always what she wanted, but somehow she needed it anyways. There were a few negative side effects, like the longer it got, the more the distance to her friends grew; Blaise didn't tolerate Harry or Ron, he didn't even tolerate Draco, who at least was one of his so called friends. She couldn't answer any letters, neither Remus', nor George's, too afraid of what he'd do to her if he'd find out she was breaking his rules. In classes she was careful to not sit next to a guy, but after a while Blaise was even complaining about her sitting next to Hermione, so she was forced to sit next to him. She wasn't that dumb to complain. Blaise liked to keep their relationship a secret; the only one knowing about it was Ginny.

   "Lynnea, you have to end this", her last remaining friend told her when they met up in the library, Lynnea all covered in new bruises.

   "I can't", she muttered, her face burried in her hands. "I know I should, but I think it's healthier for me to just wait for him to get bored of me."

   "Jinx him, for Merlin's sake!", Ginny hissed. "You're way stronger than him! Fight the little bitch!"

   "Let's just leave here tomorrow, maybe he'll lose his interest in me during Christmas break." But what she didn't tell her was that she was kind of afraid to be rejected by Blaise. She feared of being left alone. Again.

   "Hermione won't join us", Ginny changed the subject. "As she and Ron don't talk. I told her we'd be glad to help her kicking Ron's nuts, but not even that did persuade her."

   "Still can't believe he's dating Lavender", Lynnea said, rolling her eyes, what pretty hurt. "I thought it was obvious that he and Mione would end up together."

   "Oh, they will", Ginny retorted. "It takes the Weasley boys some time to get their feelings straight."

   Lynnea cracked a sheepish smile, her sore face felt like being set on fire.

   "Ah, look Harry, she's able to cheer up!", Ron's voice appeared near them, and a second later he and Harry sat down on the table, joining their sisters. "So you've finally overcome you lost that match against Gryffindor, yeah?"

   "Shut up, Won-Won", Lynnea shot back, ignoring Ron's devilish grin. "Where's Lav-Lav by the way?"

   "Far away I hope", Ron grunted, frowning. "This girl is giving me hell. All she wants to do is snog the whole damn day! My lips are sore, just look at them! They're sore!" He pouted his lips and Lynnea laughed when he bowed over the table to show her the misery of his red swollen lips. But the smile dropped of her face immediately.

   Behind Ron she caught a glimpse of dark eyes, burning with the rage of a really pissed dragon. She could see his synapses elope, as he watched her while his eyes slowly turned to slits.

   "Lynn, are you okay?", Harry asked, lifting an eyebrow as he stared at her. Blaise vanished behind some shelves, and she knew that she was dead.

   Jumping to her feet, she grabbed her back, ignoring the warming glare of Ginny, and Harry's and Ron's confused looks. "Everything's fine. I - I just need to go now, I have to ... go, yeah. See you later."

   Running out of the library, she fastened her steps. If she could make it to her dorm, she was safe, boys weren't able to get in there. She just needed to reach it, before he'd find her.

   Some heavy footsteps thundered through the hallway behind her, quickly coming closer. She fastened her steps, not dating to turn around. The next moment she was smashed against the wall, and her harasser burried his fingers into the flesh of her arm, carrying her along.