Chapter Ten

There comes a moment in everyone's life, where one word, sound or person, can change everything.

Whether it is good or bad it's still happens...

-----------

The only noise running through the house, was the sound of several pairs of feet speeding across the floor boards and down the stairs.

Once everyone had stormed into the living room they let out a sigh of relief seeing as there was only Rebekah and Elena in there.

Wait... Wasn't Elena standing right next to Elijah?

Confused glances were passed between Elena and the girl who looked just like her. The only ones who seemed to know who she was, were Elena, Bonnie, Stefan and Damon.

"Oh My God! Are you okay? What happened? I heard a scream then silence.. Is everything all right..." Caroline trailed off as she wheeled her way into the room. Looking at everybody's facial expressions and the looks being passed, she rolled into the room a little bit more.

"Katherine?" She asked, shocked at seeing her there facing Rebekah.

"Well it's nice to know someone remembers me." She muttered under her breath. "Hey Care-bear. I heard you were in a car accident, I came as soon as I could."

"You should have called. I could have planned something, we could have a spar day or something." Caroline said, wheeling closer to Katherine.

"Sorry to interrupt but, who the hell are you?" Rebekah demanded getting more confused over how Caroline new the look-a-like.

"My name is Katherine. Katherine Gilbert." She replied simply.

"She's Elena's twin. How did you not know?" Asked a now confused Caroline.

"Well you know my sister Care, she never let me near the people she hung out with because I'm an embarrassment." She rolled her eyes at her statement. If she had known her twin would be here she would've just called.

"Twins? There's too many twins." Henrik commented while rubbing his head and taking a seat on the settee. "First Caroline and Stefan, then Morgan and Jake, now Elena and Katherine. There's just too much. Way too much."

"I think you should leave, you're already giving my brother a headache." Rebekah said harshly, not liking the new girl.

"Wait a second.. I know you! Your Katherine Pierce. The Katherine Pierce. The model." Kol exclaimed in recognition. Everyone but Caroline gaped at him, then at Katherine.

"You're a model?" Elena gasped in disbelief.

"Yeah. Barbie sat me down, told me off, slapped me a couple of times, and helped me get my life back together. I've been a model for three and a half years. You would know that if you actually cared." She answered in a defensive tone with a bit of gratitude leaking through.

"That's my girl, always looking out for everyone but herself." Klaus commented with a smile.

"Yuk. Save your sappyness for when you're alone Nik, I don't need to hear all this." Kol complained, pulling a face at his brother.

"You need to leave." Elena suddenly demanded, narrowing her eyes are her twin. Before Katherine could reply Elijah pulled Elena to the side.

"Don't you think you're being a bit dramatic?" He questioned calmly. "That's your sister Elena, one you haven't seen in years. Show her some respect, she's made something of herself, you should be proud of her."

"Proud?" She scoffed. "Of my sister? Listen Elijah, I know we have only been dating a while but you don't know my relationship with my sister, so don't comment about it. Katherine isn't a very pleasant person to be around."

"Well it seems to me like she isn't the same person you think she is." He shot back. "She is your blood. Start acting like it." And with that he left a bewildered Elena in the hallway as he bid good-night to everyone in the living room before retiring to his bed.

"Well, I'm not sorry for sneaking through the window, your front door was locked." Katherine said simply, receiving glares from everyone but Caroline. "What? I don't like waiting by doors, and I really needed to make sure Caroline was alright." They still didn't look impressed with her answer. She sighed. "Fine. I'm sorry for scaring Blondie and I'm sorry for making everyone rush downstairs thinking I was a murderer or something. I would really like to talk to Caroline but it's late and she's naked and wet, so I'll postpone. Can I stay here?"

They all turned to Caroline to see if this was something she wanted. After seeing her smile they agreed. Kol had taken her to a spare room before heading back to his own with Bonnie. Everybody else had already went back to their bedrooms.

-------------

"I hate that I can't dress myself. It makes me feel useless." Caroline stated sadly.

"You're not useless love, just a little weak at the moment, but you'll be better before you know it." He smiled to her before leaning in to kiss her forehead. "Now lets get some sleep, I'm sure tomorrow will be very eventful." Both he and Caroline chuckled at that. The atmosphere in the room earlier was so thick you wouldn't have been able to cut it with a sharp blade.

"I didn't even get to finish my bath." Caroline said, out of the blue.

"Well we can finish it tomorrow sweetheart, I didn't get to wash your blonde locks." He smirked, pulling her into him.

"You're such a douche." She giggled, snuggling into him. "Don't hurt my leg." She warned.

"Wouldn't dream of it" He breathed.

"I love you."

"I love you too my love."

After sharing a smile, they both fell into a peaceful sleep in each others arms.