Chapter Four

"I'll admit, I'm really worried about him

"I'll admit, I'm really worried about him."

Eleanor had arrived at the household the next afternoon, after Remus' visit the day prior. Nixie and Sirius honestly weren't expecting from the girl, but very similar to how they felt, everyone was worried about Remus handling the upcoming full moon. Stress made transitions for him terrible, even with the use of the wolfsbane and unfortunately, even while the war was over, the lasting effects were taking their toll on the man's mental health. It was Tonks who had confessed that he wasn't getting much sleep and that wasn't settling anyone's nerves.

"We all are, Ellie," Nixie told her as she sat next to her on the steps outside. "But we can't fight him, he'll only fight back just as much. He's stubborn..."

"Like someone I know," Sirius made the comment from the doorway, bringing both women to look back over their shoulders at him. "Not to point any fingers but..."

He made a not-so-secret finger-pointing gesture in Eleanor's direction which finally brought Eleanor to smile since she had arrived to voice her concerns. Nixie swatted at his legs bringing him to hop in place before running inside to void being hit. 

"Is there anything I can do to convince him otherwise?" Eleanor asked her finally, bringing Nixie's focus back to the original conversation.

In all honesty, Nixie wasn't sure if she had any sound advice to give to Eleanor, mainly because if she had it, she would use it on Remus herself. "Unfortunately, Ellie, I think the only way he could get Remus to let us help him with his monthlies, is to place him under the Imperius Curse, as horrible as that sounds. He has convinced himself since he was a boy that he has to suffer through this alone. He doesn't want others involved because he doesn't want them to get hurt."

"But he does realise that us watching him hurt, hurts us, right?"

"Time and time before we've tried to explain that to him, but it doesn't seem to register in that head of his. That little voice in his head speaks louder than we ever could, even if we yelled."

Eleanor frowned and to Nixie, it was sweet to see how much she cared about her father's well-being but at the same time, it was also heartbreaking because she knew Eleanor felt useless at that time. She wanted to do so much for her father but she couldn't and Nixie knew how that felt. 

"Why won't he let Sirius accompany him anymore?"

Nixie wished she didn't feel so guilty over the matter because she was still blaming herself over the idea of them starting a family was taking too long. Remus didn't want Sirius to be around as he wouldn't be able to depend on them, but since nothing was happening, she didn't think it really played as a valid excuse. They weren't expecting as much as they both desperately wanted to be.

"I suppose it's my fault," Nixie replied quietly, scratching the back of her head. "I'm sure you're aware, like everyone else that Sirius and I are trying to start our own family...it just hasn't been going according to plan. Not sure what the issue is, but it's been consuming all of our time and your father doesn't want anything to interfere or take Sirius away when..."