Dear Alpha: For Her_Skeleton

Dear Alpha

For Her_Skeleton

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are both 18

Modern

Werewolves

***************

"I'm so glad you were finally able to come!" gushed your good friend Astrid. You hadn't been onto her pack territory since you were children. This was the first time since her Ceremony at age sixteen.

You welcomed her hug. "I know. I'm sorry." You looked around the pack house and sighed. "Man, I missed this place." It was like a second home to you. You took a deep breath. "Ah, and I love that new smell!"

Astrid looked at you, confused. She sniffed the air. "New smell? What do you mean?"

You took another whiff of the air. "Hmm, it might just be new to me. I haven't been here for over two years."

Astrid shoved it aside as well. "Yeah, maybe. Anyways, let's catch up before Alpha's official coronation." You followed her up to her room, where you caught up on everything that happened in the last month you saw each other (when Astrid came over to your pack).

Luckily, your neighboring packs were allies and frequently had friends cross the border to visit. So, if your packs were neighbors, why didn't you come sooner? Well, your uncle was the Alpha of your pack, so you often went around the country visiting other packs. Also, since you were next in line for the title of Alpha, your uncle didn't really want you to leave the safety of the territory without him. It was especially important since your coronation to take over your pack was next week, postponed for Alpha Hiccup's coronation.

"Astrid! (Y/ N)! Come on, time to go!" Astrid's mother called.

Astrid squealed, going on about how hot Alpha Hiccup was and how he was such a nice guy. You didn't know. You had only seen him from afar, but he seemed very strict and mean. I know, talk about judging a book from its cover. But Alpha's tended to be cross. Honestly, you just wanted a normal werewolf for a mate. One that was happy, pleasant to be around, and would love you for you, not for your title.

Astrid, who was the Beta (second in command)'s daughter, went with her family to the side of the stage. You, however, joined your uncle in the front row with all the other Alphas and future Alphas.

The lights over the crowd eventually dimmed, and the crowd went silent. The Night Fury Pack was a large pack, so the Event Hall was packed full. Your (D/T) pack was also a large pack but not as big as this one.

Soon, Alpha Hiccup made his first official appearance as being the official Alpha. The actual changing of power was done in private with the Alpha, ex Alpha, and Beta beforehand the coronation celebration. But the coronation part was often left out to save time. The new Alpha of the Night Fury Pack made a grand speech about how he would do his best to take care of his pack, etcetera etcetera.

All you could concentrate on was who he was to you.

Mate! Mate! Found mate! (D/N), your inner wolf, cheered, gleefully.

Shut up, you snapped. Looking at him, standing on the stage, you knew he was a true Alpha, not one of default like you. If your uncle found his mate and produced an heir, you wouldn't have been next in line. But he didn't, and your dad died in a war with the Red Death pack, so you were up next.

You sighed, shrinking back into your chair. You weren't good enough for him. You were nowhere near good enough for him. And you never would be.

As the crowd stood to cheer at the end of his speech, you ran off, muttering, "Bathroom," to your uncle. And it was Astrid's room you hid in until she came bursting in.