Chapter 1 - Rough Beginnings

I dash across our tiny room, grabbing anything and everything we might need for tonight. "Phillip will probably call for me tonight like always. Lock yourself in the room and don't let anyone in, I'm the only one with a key." I told Isabelle, my 4 year-old sister. "O-okay s-sissy", she replied timidly. I sigh "I'll be back as soon as I can Isa, I promise." I said softly, gently kissing her forehead. Just then, Lucy walked in. She was one of the most-requested girls in the brothel with her auburn hair, strong jawline, tan skin, and beautiful blue eyes. "He wants to see you." She said to me sadly. I nodded my head and looked at her "If I'm not back in an hour, get all of the girls out of here without me." I whispered, not wanting Isa to hear me. She nodded her head and I walked out the door. I wasn't ugly by any means, I had raven black hair which brought out my emerald green eyes and pale skin, but I hate myself for what I let happen all those years ago...

"Mom?" I asked, "What's going on? I heard gunshots."

"Sweetie." She replied, still out of breath from giving birth to Isabelle, "We're under attack. Get to the safe room now, I'll meet you and your father there."

I nodded my head quickly and ran down the wooden stairs into the concrete basement and opened a steel door, then locked it behind me.

The safe room was a room with steel walls on all sides and it stored tons of food, water, and weapons.

My father then stormed in the safe room, his eyes bloodshot and his hair all tangled and messy. He looked at me and his face turned into a mask of rage, he then did something that surprised me, he punched me hard in the stomach, causing me to pass out.

Ever since that day, he and my older brother, Phillip blamed me for my mother's death and have abused me every day. They even made me become a whore in one of our gang's many brothels. Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself, my name is Elena Heights, I'm 21 and my father is the leader of the Silver Vipers, a small gang in California. A few years ago, a bigger gang attacked us and murdered my mother right after she gave birth to my little sister, Isabelle. And since I look exactly like her, my father and Phillip hate me with a burning passion. Before my mother's death, I was one of the gang's best fighters. But now, thanks to starvation, I've lost a lot of muscle and can no longer hold my own against anyone really.

I head down the red velvet halls of the brothel and try to ignore all the moans and groans coming from the rooms and head straight to my father's office. I step in through the large oak door, not even bothering to knock.

"You summoned me?" I said, not wanting to get into too much trouble.

"Unless I ask you a question, you don't get to speak you filthy whore. Understand?" My devil of a brother asked

I nodded my head, knowing that they would hurt Isabelle if I didn't obey.

"Good, now father has a guest coming over later tonight and you are to clean up the place and then entertain our guest in any way he wishes."

Must be some bigger gang leader or else they wouldn't be going through so much trouble, I thought to myself.

I then feel a sting on my right check and look up, seeing Phillip standing in front of me. "Listen to me when I'm talking to you bitch."

I nod my head and quickly apologize.

"Get out of our sight." My father growls at me. I quickly leave the room and get started on my cleaning.

The brothel isn't that badly decorated, considering that we actually have a lot of wealthy patrons who come here. The first floor consists of a bar that also has tables and booths with a stage in the front of the room with multiple poles on it. The stage is only used when a customer is willing to pay by the hour for girls to dance. The second floor has mini sitting rooms with poles in them, which are used for private dances. The third floor has rooms that are rented for basically whatever sexual activities the customer desires. The fourth and highest floor contains my brother and father's rooms, their offices, and their multiple meeting rooms for the gang's purposes. Lastly, there's the basement. The basement is where all the girl's sleep on tiny bunks with little to no blankets or pillows.

The entire building is decorated with the main colors black and red. It's decorated this way because that's the gang's colors. Most of the rooms have red, velvet flooring with black walls and black furniture.

The man I'm entertaining tonight must be another gang leader, a powerful one too, Or else my father wouldn't just let him have me for free. Lost in my thoughts, I don't pay attention to where I'm walking, and I end up bumping into someone. Looking up at the one I bumped into, I notice that he's a newcomer. He smirks at me, and it's quick to pin me against the wall and nuzzle his face into my neck.

"Back off buddy, you have to pay first." I tell him, while weakly pushing him away.

"Oh darling, but you look so divine. I don't think I can wait." He mutters, pushing me farther into the wall.

"Hey, You heard the girl! Bar rules, man!" Chris, one of the bartenders steps up from down the hall.

"You got lucky this time, princessa." The guy said, before storming off in the other direction

"Thanks, that was a close one." I said, looking at Chris.

"Not my rules, Elena, I just enforce them," He says before walking to the elevator, most likely to go back to the bar to work.