Chapter 6: Settle In With Me

LIDA'S POV

     I am taken aback by Drew's words.  He means to say that I'll be staying here with him for some time? A week?!? A month?!? A year?!?

    I look at the faces of his brother and sister? For a second, it seems like Drew's just about to eat me up and spit me out into the street. Did I do something wrong? He's the one who brought me here and shouldn't I be giving him that look?

     The girl with the green eyes looks at me and then at Drew.

"Umm... did you guys... uh?", she scans my body.

"Terra!", shouts Drew, "you better be kidding because me and her have nothing to do with each other, she's just a friend who needed help, she lost- ".

       I give Drew a look and go get my things that are placed by a door, a closet door or something. 

"She lost her home", he says as he stops me.

"She lost her home and now she has nowhere to stay, so offered her to stay

with us", he nudges me toward Terra.

"Lida this is Terra and that brat over there is Rudy", he directs me toward them.

"How long is your girlfriend gonna stay around?", asks Rudy.

"She's not my girlfriend"

     There's a couple of awkward seconds and then Terra takes me by the hand and claims that I will absolutely love the house. Yeah right, more like mansion.

      As she leads me through a hallway, I look back at Drew. He doesn't look pleased. I wonder why he never told me lived in a place like this. Then again, he has always been very quiet and only small talk got him going besides, he never told anyone much about anything.

      Well, guess I'm going to have find out who Drew Reidare really is.

DREW'S POV

     After the morning disaster, I go up to my room and take out my violin. Maybe Rudy's right, I should be serious when coming to music. I guess its just that I'm not a natural like he is. Or maybe, I'm just not focused enough.

      I take it and hold my position in place. Carefully making sure that I'm holding the bow correctly in my right hand. I lightly bow the strings on the violin. Sound comes out, but I obviously can't put my mind to it anymore.

     Why is she causing me so much pain? Why can't she just leave and let me be? She's been torturing my life for years. It's not that I don't care about her, it's just that I'm not willing to be with her for the rest of my life. That's why I can't let myself to ever get close to Lida, because of her.

            *****AUTHOR'S NOTE*****

Sorry for the long wait. I promise to update more frequently now. Please vote and comment! I love to see that people have actually been enjoying my story! Like Always, Thank You