Chapter 27

OLIVIA'S POV

October

"HARRY! HARRY! OVER HERE HARRY!"

The deafening screams from the mob of people closing in on us are starting to suffocate me and the flashes from cameras leave white spots in my eyes taking away another one of my senses from the intense situation outside of Harry's New York hotel.

My body is being pushed forward inch by inch by his security team as I followed Harry trying to get into the town car waiting for us.  He is politely adding a small wave in-between each couple of steps and slowly following another bodyguard as people from every direction try to photograph him, talk to him or touch him.

A gasp catches in my throat as a girl manages to grab the top of his arm while he walked past causing him to stop in his tracks and I can tell from his face that she has actually accidentally hurt him in her temporary hysteria.

I try to reach for him to check he is ok but a bodyguard moves to stand in-between us increasing protection for their client amidst the growing fear for his safety.

Harry stopping is the worst thing he could've done as our painfully slow train of security looses momentum and I become genuinely scared as the crowd starts to engulf us.

The security team talk in code through the invisible headsets in their ears as we stand in the middle of a circle of people who can't seem to get close enough and the chaos surrounding us had made me disorientated and really worried for Harry's safety.

I try to cover my face as hands fly up all around us, taking photos and videos with phones and flashes from paparazzi cameras are drowned out by the high pitch screeching of excited fans.

I feel a strong hand grab my wrist and drag me forward and I try to pull it away out of pure reflex and fear before I can register what was happening. I look up when I can't break away to see a bodyguard pulling me through the crowd and into the open door of the waiting car. 

Harry is milliseconds in front of me and when the door slams shut behind us we are both rattled and trying to catch our breath.

"Fuck, Liv! Are you ok? Are you hurt?"

Harry scrambles in the seat next to me as the car pulls out, his hands flying over my arms and shoulders inspecting them for damage before cupping my face.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Are you ok? I saw you get hurt. I tried to reach you but I couldn't." I say just as erratically back.

I hold on to the lapels of his jacket and he rests his forehead to mine. 

"I'm ok, I'm alright, fuck, that was so intense."

He tries to slow his breathing as I close my eyes, just happy to be in the silence of the car and so relived he wasn't harmed.

"I'm so sorry I put you in that situation, fuck I had no idea.   Are you sure you're not hurt?" He starts to ramble again and I run my thumb over his cheek in an attempt to calm him.

"I'm fine Harry, but I'm worried about you, they are trying to get to you not me."

"I know, but I trust the guys, I might need to discuss what just happened with José, maybe increase security for the next few days," he sighs.

I nod in agreement before pulling him in to a hug.

Luckily for us, traffic in New York City is never easy and the 30 minute drive to the restaurant is exactly what we needed to be able to regather our nerves and regain composure before meeting Em and Jackson for dinner.