Goodnight, Beautiful - Jaime Preciado

hey one where my boyfriend thinks im cheatinng on him with jaime and he gets mad and he hits me and my nose starts bleeding and he keeps saying he's sorry but i dont buy it so i go over to jaime's house (its like 1AM) and fluff then jaime tells me he actually likes me and he makes me feel pretty and loved and i end up with him

-

PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU WILL BE NEGATIVELY AFFECTED

-

"Just admit it!" James yells at me.

"Admit what? I haven't done anything." I fold my arms and turn away.

"Sofia, you know." Storming across the living room, he makes us face to face.

"I don't know anything." I turn away, but he grabs my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"You're cheating. I know you are." He tightens his grip.

"Get off of me." I mutter.

"You and that stupid guy, whatever his name is." James spits.

"Jaime." I clench my jaw.

Jaime was my bestfriend, but I've never cheated, ever.

"Jaime then. Admit it, Sofia. I know you're cheating on me." James growls. His nails dig into my chin, I've had enough.

"I haven't done anything!" I yell, shoving him off of me with great force.

He actually goes flying off of me, into the doorframe of the living room. I cover my mouth. Before I can even apologise, James' fist collides with my face.

I feel like I soar from James' knuckles, it sends me staggering. My hands raise to my nose, where he hit me. Frowning, I feel blood dripping from the bottom. I wipe a finger, smearing the blood, to make sure. I look from my finger to James.

"Don't look at me like that." James says as I look at him in disbelief. "It didn't hurt that much."

He takes a step towards me, but I flinch. "Don't come near me." I mumble.

Quickly as I can, I dart past him and into my hallway. I grab my phone and keys then scoot as quickly as I can through the front door.

I practically run to my car, throwing myself into the driver's seat, not hesitating to start it.

"Sofia!" I hear James' voice. I look up and I can see him standing the doorway before my headlights. I look up at him, before just shaking my head and driving away.

My mind feels like a blur, not being able to process what just happened. I stroke my upper lip with my finger once more, smudging the new blood.

Surprisingly, I'm not freaking out. I just want to get away, away from him. I'm in shock still. I'm heading to the safest place I know: Jaime's. I check my phone for the time, 1am, I sigh. Hopefully, he will still be awake.

Knocking on his door, I wait sheepishly. I hope he won't mind me being here. I hear the door unlock, and I see Jaime before me.

Rubbing his eyes, he's confused until his eyes actually focus on me. "Sofia? Wait - what happened? Your lip, it's-"

I cut him off. "Bleeding, I know." I kick the ground. "Let me inside, please? We can talk about it?" Innocently, I tilt my head and hold my hands behind my back.

"Yeah, sure, of course." He nods, gesturing me in.

Forty minutes later and I'm sitting on Jaime's bed. I'm dressed in one of his shirts, which is big enough to cover most of my body. Me and Jaime spoke about the whole situation, the argument, James hitting me.

It made him angry, but I persuaded him that everything was okay. But it wasn't, and I broke down into tears because of it. I cried into Jaime's chest whilst me comforted me kindly.

Afterwards, I cleaned up. I took off my make up, let my hair loose, and dressed in Jaime's shirt.

It isn't the first time I've slept at his, nor the first time in his bed. But we didn't care, all that mattered was that we liked it and that we were comfortable. And we did, we were, we loved it. We truly were bestfriends. Sometimes I questioned if we were even more, but our friendship had never crossed the boundary line, even before I had met James and begun dating him.

"Sofia?" Jaime tiptoes through his bedroom door.

"I'm here." I say, turning.

He's shirtless, and slides into bed. "Are you okay now? You feeling better?" He asks, concern covering his tone.

"Yes, much better." I slip under the quilt and shuffle up to him.

"Good. He had no right to do that to you. If I could I would-" I heard anger creeping into his voice.

"Don't worry, Jaime." I say, although I'm sighing worriedly. "He might not of meant to." I know every word was a lie, but I didn't want to talk about James, I just wanted to lie here with Jaime.

"Mhm." Jaime humphs.

We lay in silence after he wraps his arm around me. It's moments like this I love: laying comfortably in bed. I feel so warm, so safe, so happy. We adored each other, we both knew it, but our relationship has always been restricted to just being friends. I doubt us two ever getting together. I brush that thought away and just smile against his bare chest.

"Thank you for being here for me." I say appreciatively.

"No problem. I'll always be here for you, Sofia, always. I love you." I look up to him confused. He's never said I love you before. "I, I.." Jaime stammers.

"It's fine. I love you too." I blush slightly, smiling to him.

"No, I mean it." He tightens his grip over my shoulders. "I, I love you. I really do." He says, stuttering still.

"Jaime, I.." I say breathlessly, I don't believe it.

"Don't worry, you don't have to say anything, you don't have to feel the same way." He shrugs. "But I had to tell you. I can't lie to myself anymore. I'm neck deep in love with you." He half smiles and I can see he's flustering red. "You're just, so beautiful, on the inside and out. You make me speechless, you take my breath away." He says as his eyes get lost in mine.

"I love you too." I bite my lip, stating what's been obvious in my heart for a couple of months.

"You, you do?" I can't help but grin at the hopeful vibe in his voice. I nod, not leaving his eyes.

He gulps. "That makes this a lot easier." He sighs with relief. He doesn't say anything, neither do I, we just press our lips together.

Suddenly, everything feels perfect. I relax my body on to his lightly, my hands tracing his jawline whilst his cup my face.

Exhaling, I part our lips, I feel a lot better.

"Now come on, you should be getting some sleep." He murmurs, suddenly sounding tired.

"Mhm." I agree.

I turn over so Jaime can spoon me. It's comfortable, I feel safe in his arms. I feel him push against my back and our legs intertwine. His hand rests on my stomach.

"Goodnight, beautiful." He whispers into my ear, before leaving a small trail of kisses down my neck.