XI.❦ "I'll lift you out."

XI.❦ "I´ll lift you out."

It was deep in the night, the stars shining bright as no clouds covered them. The moonlight fell into the room, down onto Olivia's peaceful sleeping frame. But her sleep was quickly disturbed, the noise of pounding objects onto the ceiling making her groan out loud.

   "You've got to be fucking kidding me." Olivia reluctantly pulled the covers back, dashing into the hallway and opening the cleaning-cabin. Her breathing was fast as her eyes scanned over the objects before they settled down onto the electric steal. Her eyes twinkled with satisfaction and she could practically disagree with the Rolling Stones about receiving none.

    "Bingo." 

Her hand wrapped around the metal, her feet pushing against the carpet as she ran back into her room. Olivia jumped onto her bed, the just-awake-state causing her to almost fall back down. But her eagerness was high and before she knew it, she was violently smashing the top of the steal against the ceiling.

   "Shut the fuck up! Let me sleep, for God's sake!" She yelled, adrenaline flooding through her veins. Her fingertips were tingling with her anger as the volume of the pounding kept loud.

   "Mr Styles, I beg of you!" Olivia tried, politely. But the annoyance and anger overshadowed her polite pray.

And all of a sudden, it all stopped. The silence ringing through the apartment was unfamiliar, even uncomfortable at first. Olivia stared with her mouth open at the wall the head of her bed was pressed against, waiting for new noise to start.

But it never did. 

Olivia sighed, a smile resting on her lips as she closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. "Thank you." She whispered before getting off her bed and putting the steal back in the cabin. 

The duvets were like heavy clouds around her, so soft and pressing her down in a lovely warmth. Her body loosened up, the tension flowing out of her limbs as Olivia curled up in a ball, wrapping the duvet closely around her as she realized he stopped.

He really had stopped. He had listened to her.

Olivia shrieked, the base shaking up her bed causing the vibration to erupt through her whole body. She shot up, clutching the sheets tightly to her chest as she stared forward.

   "I'm looking for your hand in the rough, 

   you're caught in the wire,

   but I'll lift you out."

  "Fuck you!" Olivia yelled and shook her head, pulling at the end of her locks. "I can't take it anymore." She whispered shakily to herself. "I can't take it anymore." 

She stood from the bed, fisting her device from the nightstand. 

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

   "Hello, this is Jamie speaking-"

   "Oh my God Jamie, I can't take it anymore. "Please, help-"

   "I'm not here at the moment, please leave a message for me after the beep. I will get back to you as soon as possible." Beep.

Olivia held her phone in her hand, staring at it in disbelief. "No." Her voice was fragile, heartbreaking to hear. The courage had left her body, leaving her miserable and falling to her knees. Her arms held her up by lying on the bed, her head falling in the bow of her elbow. She was panting, like a dog desperate for some water, while she was desperate for a good nice sleep. 

How many nights had it already been going on? Since when happened Mr. Styles to be living here? Why was he doing this? 

Her thoughts settled onto the conversation she had with the janitor, Miss Smith.

   "And a hell of a new neighbor! Oh Miss Wallace, he is such a gentleman!

Olivia scuffed, in her head, wanting a picture of that Mr. Styles to spit on it, showing off her anger. How could this man be considered as a gentleman? He was a sleep-thief, a noisy night-living-soul. Never had he ever showed off his courtesy.

But Olivia then raised her head a bit in confusion, mumbling a "Wait," to herself as she remembered the boon he certainly had done; he had taken care of her when she'd been too drunk to take care of herself. He pulled her in bed and gave her a good rest for only a hour before he turned on his music again. 

But Olivia was too sad, too weak to even show up at his doorsteps, but she knew she had to sooner or later in order to stop this. This couldn't continue, she already felt her limits increasing and causing her to stay rather with herself than to out everything to the outside world. 

How childish it was to have a mind thinking like that; Olivia was the first to live her, and he followed.

So, she wasn't going to surrender and move. No, she would show him that she could handle this all. She was going to take care of this, ringing his doorbell for real again. But what she knew deep down, was that she was fooling herself. If she'd continue with telling her this bullshit, she would soon start to believe in her own lies. 

   "Please, make this stop." She whispered quietly.

Olivia closed her eyes, trying to steady her breath. Reluctantly, but her body not moving to give her an other option, she stayed in this position for as long as she could stay. Her muscles had started to ache in the last few minutes she was consciousness, her fingertips shaking making her clutch her bed sheets. The night-gown wasn't keeping her body warm as knelt next to her bed, her back facing the window.

And showing her horrific forlorn state to the whole world.

***

Short chapter, I know. But this is how it was planned and so in the next chapter, new events will take place again ! :) Don't be mad at me for writing a short chapter, because if you compare it to all my other chapters you can conclude that I actually never write chapters with a length similliar to this one.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT ♥ 

I'm so excited, this story is going to get soooo twisted and sickminded!