Farm

Although the farm where the Grimes were was only a few miles away, by the time we got there it was pitch black and the night creatures could be heard in the distance.

We had passed the rickety mailbox with the faded name 'Greene' on, and through the gate. Glenn made sure to lock it after we drove in, muttering something about walkers. I didn't see the point in closing it because by the time we drove in front of a big, beautiful white house, it was clear there were no fences protecting the land from the mindless beings.

The lights were on the porch and the rooms downstairs, but most of it was dark and it emanated a scary, ghostly feeling.

Glenn opened the door and held his hand out to be, which I took gratefully. It felt different from Daryl's large, calloused hands. Everyone's hands felt different from Daryl's or Merle's, but in a nice way.

"Want me to carry you?" he offered awkwardly as T-Dog stared at the house, cradling his wounded arm to his chest.

"I'm okay," I replied quietly, tugging the soft grey poncho further around my bony shoulders.

"Should we ring the bell? It looks like people live here..." Glenn said to T-Dog who gave him a sour look in return.

"We're past that stuff, ain't we?" he replied tiredly, stepping forward. Glenn, still holding my hand, followed, "Having to be considerate."

Once we stepped up onto the porch, movement came from our right side. It was the same woman from the horse on a wooden chair with her knees to her chest. "You close the gate up the road when you drove in?" she asked, her voice laced with amusement.

"Uh, hi," Glenn blurted out, eyes dazzling. I didn't like how the woman smirked at us when she stood up. I hid behind Glenn's leg, peeking out. "Yes, we closed it. Did the latch and everything."

I thought back to when we arrived and Glenn struggled with opening and closing the latch, letting a quiet giggle slip past my lips. Unfortunately they all heard and looked at me but the woman just smiled.

"And what's your name, honey?" she asked in a sweetening voice.

"Marina Dixon," I said proudly, my shyness disappearing. "Everyone calls me Marnie though."

"Well, ain't you a cutie," she smiled and Glenn cleared his throat, making the woman's gaze shift to him.

"Uh, I'm Glenn," he introduced before nodding in T-Dog's direction, "That's T-Dog."

"Maggie. Maggie Greene," the woman, Maggie, smirked at him. Her mischievous grin disappeared though when her eyes spotted the self-made bandage on T-Dog's forearm, stained with blood.

"It's not a bite," he was quick to reassure upon noticing her hardened expression. "I cut myself pretty bad though."

"We'll have it looked at, I'll tell them you're here," Maggie said and Glenn began rooting through his bag, grabbing the bottles Daryl gave him.

"I got some anti-biotics and painkillers. I already gave him some," he nodded towards T-Dog, "If Carl needs any."

Maggie took them gratefully and looked down to me with a soft smile. "Come on inside, I'll make y'all somethin' to eat."

My tummy rumbled when she said that and she chuckled at me which caused my cheeks to dust over with pink.

The house was definitely more warm than outside. It was the bestest looking house I've ever seen. There were soft couches with beautiful patterns on, and cute little cushions perched up on them.

There were several closed doors though, and I didn't want to be rude and ask or wander off so I let Maggie take me to the kitchen and sat at the dining table.