Chapter 23.

I had to leave Coby because he needed a check up, and I needed a shower. I went back home happier than ever. I texted Andrew earlier what happened and where I went. He said that he and  Daniel will wait in the house.

I arrived home and saw Andrew hanging out with some of his teammates. I smile politely at them before going up to my room. I stripped off my clothes and took a long shower. I stunk badly. I didn't shower for 2 days because I was busy being a drunkard. I took showers from time to time, but not always.

I scrubbed my body hard and washed my hair twice. I made sure that I was fresh and clean before stepping out the shower. I brushed my teeth twice as well, so the alcohol smell will fade away. I got out of the bathroom smelling so fresh and so clean.

I grabbed a white flowy tank top, black leggings, and white sneakers. I brushed my hair and blow dried it. I didn't put makeup anymore since Coby preferred it when I didn’t wear make up.

I went back downstairs and Andrew was no longer in the living room. One of his teammates see me.

"Andrew is outside with Daniel. They're waiting by the car" He says. I thank him and go outside. Andrew's car was already starting, so I get in the passenger. Daniel was at the back seat.

"Let's go!!" I say excitdely

"Haha alright. Alright." Drew laughs and starts driving to the hospital.
.
.
.
We get there, and I rush ahead of the boys. I waltz into Coby's room and smiled brightly at him. He smiles back and waves.

"Hey Babe! Long time no see" He jokes

"I know right! It's been forever" I laugh

Andrew comes in and sees Coby. He grins and gives him one of those bro hugs.

"Good to see you alive man." He says

"Good to  BE alive." Coby says

"Well that's the first time I've heard you say that" Drew laughs

"Too soon, Bro. Too soon." Coby says

I notice Daniel standing by the doorway. He looked a bit hesitant to come in. Coby notices this as well, and instead of getting jealous like any other boyfriend, my boyfriend greets him with a true smile.

"Mate, come on in. I can't punch you right now since I'm disabled. You don't have to be scared." Coby says. Daniel smiles awkwardly and enters the room.

"I'm Coby, Verdana's boyfriend" He says proudly

"I'm Daniel, the asshole that tried to steal back your girlfriend." Daniel mumbles the last bit, but Coby still hears it. I felt him squeeze my hand a bit, but he's still not mad. He plays it off as if he didn't hear a thing.

"How are you doing, babe?" I ask Coby to change the topic

"Could be better. The doctor says that I need to stay in this wretched place for 2 more days in order to keep me in check." He groans

"Awww...well, don't worry. I'll stay with you." I say

"Thanks, V." He smiles

Drew, Coby, and I talk and catch up on a lot of things. I've been so busy spending my time at work, with Daniel, or-more recently- drinking that I didn't know how things ended up with him and my friend Naomi. He said that things were going really well with them, but she had to leave early for a case. They were gonna keep meeting up to see how things go. 

"Mate, what are you even doing here? I thought you said you weren't coming in a long time." Drew asks Coby. I look at my boyfriend in wonder. He did say that.

"Yeah...I wanted to come and surprise you guys. I finished the job early." He says

"Oh..." Drew and I nod

The three of us talked more and more until visitng hours were over. When Drew and I left, we completely forgot that Daniel went with us earlier. We didn't realize that he left already.

I didn't realize that while I was so happy, he was hurting so much...

///////////////////