Liar Liar

It was late in the evening the following day, I was leaning against the wall trying to not fall asleep just in case somebody came in to release me. Once the sun started to set, there was movement at the door.

Immediately, my body perked up. I was about to get to my feet when a man dressed a blue business suit walked in. He looked just like-

        "Zachariah." My lips snarled the name when I saw him. He was walking in right behind his father. He was dressed in all black, almost like if he was going to a funeral.

My heart stopped beating because it could mean something bad. Were they here to execute me?The man was staring at me without blinking and my attention turned back to him.

        "Is the Chief dead?" I asked him trying to not lift my upper lips in dislike.

       "No, my father is not dead. Neither is your godfather." He answered in a low voice. He was a handsome dark-skinned man. I wondered if his children took after their mother because they were all blue eyed.

He stepped towards me but I jumped to my feet stepping backwards.

        "Don't get near me." I warned him but he only let out a low laugh under his breath. He was making me nervous and I didn't like that.

        "You will snap your wrists before you even get loose." Farruko told me as he walked closer to me. My arms were pulling on my hands because I did not like having him close to me. "Do you know who I am?"

       "Farruko Lancer." I whispered not lifting my eyes from him. I could see Zachariah moving in behind his father. Farruko lifted his hand and his son responded by stopping.

        "She won't harm me." he barely titled his head to look at his son.

        "Why are you here?" I slid away from him without moving from the wall. My back was against the cold hard stone as I moved.

       "You've been bitten." Farruko reached for my face stopping me. His fingers grasped me tightly, and roughly tilted my neck. "You attacked my father. I am the oldest-"

       "He isn't dead yet and you aren't Chief." I retorted, trying to lift my face out of his hold but he only held on tighter.

       "Look at me." he whispered as my eyes locked with his dark ones. There was a flicker in his eye. "You look like the Slayer."

       "She's my grandmother." I answered without hesitation. He knew who I was but was here to confirm the rumors he had heard.

       "The last remaining Slayer, Matheson Slayer." He released my face and I hurried away from him. He was much stronger than he looked and would have snapped my neck in one motion.

He turned to go.

       "I'm still alive." I shouted at him. He turned back to me having stopped in his tracks. "The sun doesn't harm me." I screamed at him.

Farruko smiled but didn't say anything. There was a subtle hint of amusement. He knew that I hadn't bit them. All of this was just punishment. They were punishing me because they had the power to do it and I was defenseless without Damien. Professor Rogers had only played into their hands.

       "Enjoy the sunlight Matheson Slayer." He whispered and walked out. I ran after them but I slammed into the door.

       "Let me out!" I shouted slamming against the wall. "I didn't bite them." I kicked the door over and over out of frustration. "You know I didn't bite them!"

An hour or so after Farruko and Zachariah had came to see me, there was movement at the door again.

        "Open the door!"

I jumped to my feet and ran to meet the Chief.

He looked absolutely livid to see me.

        "Release her!" he shouted back at his sons that were standing behind him. "She saved my life!" he turned to glare back at them.

        "Where is Damien? Sir, are you okay?" I started to panic because he wasn't with them.

         "He just woke up." the Chief snapped at his children to release me. "Now!"

          "Father, it looked like if she had bit you so we thought-"

I rolled my eyes at them. Professor Rogers was standing behind them and I turned away from them.

        Edmee appeared behind them, "The bites weren't neat. A Dhampir could not have done that. I told them!" Her tone made me look at her. She was lying. She had fed them wrong information which was why they had kept me in here. She had only wanted to see me.

The Chief shook his head. Nobody had approached me to release me. Edmee handed him a knife and he took it. I turned around so my back was facing him. He untied me and I punched Farruko in the face.

       "Asshole." I spat at him. "You knew perfectly well I didn't bite them and so did you." I took a step towards Zachariah who stepped backwards. "And you!" I glared at the Witch. With one large step, I grasped Zachariah by his neck and pinned him to the wall.

        "You sent the vampires to bite me. You should be dead." I snarled in his face, squeezing his throat with my fingers.

        "Put them down, Alexandra." I heard Damien's calm voice. My head snapped in his direction. His neck was bandaged thickly. Not only that but his face was ashy just like the Chief. They had lost quite a bit of blood. "Alexandra!" he warned me sharply and I dropped Zachariah to the floor. 

"You are only getting stronger." the Chief chuckled. My head dropped and I was about to mumble an apology but he didn't seem upset. "A few days in this hell-hole did nothing to you."

        "It made me angry." I lifted my head. My eyes landed on Farruko, Zachariah and finally to Professor Rogers. "I wouldn't have bit you. You know that right?" I was talking directly to Damien.

        "I know," Damien replied holding his hand out to me. He wasn't lying to me but he did look upset. Professor Rogers reached for him but he shook her off.

        "She needs to get cleaned up. We will all talk later. Punishments are in order. Zachariah come with me." the Chief walked off with his children behind him. I reached for Damien and hugged him as tightly as possible.

        "I thought you had died," I whispered against his chest.

        "I wouldn't leave you. It takes a lot to kill me." he kissed my forehead. I started to bawl like a child. It was kind of embarrassing but I couldn't help it.

       "Alexandra," Damien started to laugh but he didn't release me. "I'm not going to die. I feel perfectly fine. Alex, stop crying."

        "I'm sorry. I'm just relieved. It's awful in there." I whispered releasing him. Professor Rogers wasn't with us. "And I thought- i didn't know what was going to happen to you." Damien placed an arm around my shoulders and we headed back out. I was following him because I had no clue where we were.