40. The Guy Smells and The Girl Sniffs Cliches

I know, I know. I'm supe, super duper, utterly late. How long has it been since I last updated? A month? Wow. That's, like, a personal record!

But what you have to understand is, this time, I had more logical reasons than simply spying on hot guys. By the way, I do not SPY on hot. I simply... Observe them. For a completely educational purpose, of course.

It's true. Take it, or leave it.

I had classes, petty trifles, double shifts at work- maybe even triple at times, updates, books to read and family to control (Wow. I sound like a mother, don't I?) so my online life (or lack thereof) hasn't really been the way it was.

But I'm trying to be active once again since I've missed you guys so damn much!!!!!!!!!! (insert a bulldozer of punctuation marks) And this chapter (However small this might be) is written in hopes that my old and amazing readers haven't yet left me!

Thank you! Hope my humor machine isn't rusty!

***The Guy Smells and The Girl Sniffs Cliches***

We've all seen them, read about them, smelled them, and to be honest, I kind of like guys who smell a little like pine trees and sweat - something that reminds you of the forest and sunshine. Warm and masculine. Protective, but also supportive. Cute but sexy. With a wide and broad-

Okay, we all get it. You're horny. Move on.

I was gonna say shoulders. Seriously, I love shoulders.

You have a dirty mind.

Whatever. The point is guys who have this captivating scent are nice, maybe even preferable over guys who don't even shower. But I admit, some authors could tone it down a little at times.

I buried my nose in his chest. He smells so goooooood. Like vanilla, chocolate, and coffee. I inhaled deeply. The fresh aroma of cinnamon rolls captivated me in a trance from which escaping seemed impossible.

So, like, is she hugging a guy or a cake?

To be honest, I would rather hug a cake than a guy that smelled like one.

Now I want cake.

She breathed in deeply. The musky scent of vanilla, chocolate, cupcakes, guitar strings, microphones, other girls and everything else rolled off him in waves. Harry Styles had the most amazing smell has ever smelled. She was sniffing was hard, her eyes rolled back to the back of her skull.

"Are you sniffing me?" Harry asked astounded.

"What...what is this smell?" She sniffed once again burying her nose into the crook of his neck. "You smell... So intoxicating."

"Oh. That. So funny story, while I was strolling through coffee shops and looking for poor waitresses-

"Why were you looking for poor waitresses?" She asked astounded.

"To hire them as a member in our band." Harry gave her an incredulous look. "Duh."

"Why would you-"

Harry stopped her and continued. "But some waitress went whacko instead, claiming I was a pervert looking to pick up innocent girls - simply outrageous! - and pushed me into the trashcan."

"...the trashcan where they dump the rotten cakes?"

"And eggs. Don't forget the eggs."

I love you guys so much for reading! :) Ahh, coming up with a topic is becoming harder and harder. I do think I have finished most of the popular cliches over here. Have I not?

A belated happy homecoming to you! And an early Halloween! :) Oh, and a happy Diwali! Can't forget my neighbor Indians after all!

- Zarin