SatS - Chapter 15: Mysterious

Chapter 15: Mysterious

We entered the castle slash cave in the mountain of the Sandman with hesitance.

There are no guards, no protection, not nothing.

"What kind of castle has no stance of defence..." Barnes muttered, worried and tense as he scanned the crystal cavern ground.

"One that has a powerful ruler," Mr Spade said, looking equally worried in his own way as his gems levitated. His black cloak blended with Shadow who sat upon his shoulder as she watched our surroundings.

We took another few steps before, abruptly, our flame turned off.

"Well, now we know that we are in the right place", Sensei said.,

"Yeah, 'the place where light cannot alright, where darkness is a disguise'" I muttered remembered the phrase of the Moniki as they had bid us their farewells and good lucks for our journey after they had gotten their gratitude over and done with.

Turns out a simple 'thank you' does not exist in the realm of the Moniki's.

No, instead they organised a grand celebration of three days, we had somehow, after a long and tiring day, negotiated down to one.

"I wonder what they meant by 'darkness is a disguise'?" Barnes questioned out loud.

Abruptly, the ground rumbled.

"I think we are about to find out," I said as I felt myself losing consciousness.

~*~

I awoke in a field.

Where am I? I thought as I moved to stand up.

And where are my clothes?

I fingered the soft white fabric that ran over my body with confusion as the warm breeze caressed my bare arms.

What is this place, and where are the others?

Around me in an open clearing, bare of anything and anyone.

"Barnes? Sensei? Mr Spade? Shadow?" I tried to call, but no words left my lips.