The Girl With Tattoos (30)

Milo's head pounded with facts. Some of them related back to nothing and some things were the little things, like how his wife would react when he come's back without the groceries. But, one thing stood out against them all and that one thing was Gracie was finally coming home.

Ever since the little twat ran away, Milo made sure everyone in the entire building had something to do as part of the Gracie mission and today was the day all that hard work paid off; he was going to see her beautiful face again. Gracie was his daughter in his fucked up mind. Once the doctor broke the news that Summer, Milo's wife, would never be capable of baring children, he decided he would find another child to claim as his own without the hassle of adopting one. He would merely find one who needed a better home. 

Of course he just had to choose the most stubborn of the bunch.

He understands why she chose to run; Milo fucking beat the life out of her, but he just wanted to teach her discipline. He was the boss around here and he needed it to get through her thick skull. His other trainee did what he was told, only once having to choose the hard way which made no sense to him but he just came to the conclusion that the ones who have a mind of their own were always the best. She in a way was just like Milo. He never followed the rules but he also never got hurt doing so.

Maybe Gracie was just another case.

She was head strong, independent and smart, such a quick learner for a kid and someone who adapted to each scenario and obstacle surrounding her. She was mature for her age, was much bigger than the average child since Milo last saw her, and probably a gifted kid too. Everything she did was calculated, precise and with a purpose.

She was the perfect little daughter, someone to stand with him through everything and help him with the business; just like he did with his dad.

But I guess everything comes with a price.

Every time he thought of the little black-haired monster, he wanted to either punch a wall or think about his mistakes. But he never did anything wrong. 

He was perfect, loving. 

Maybe she wasn't good enough, he would often think but he always knew the thought was bullshit. She was absolutely perfect. 

She looked innocent, so, so innocent. And to him, she was. His wife thought of her as a gift sent from heaven, as being told little Gracie was their soon-to-be adopted daughter.

Let's just say Summer was crushed whenever Milo told her Gracie was adopted before he could get his hands on the kid.

And now that Gracie was going to be with him once again, he was not going to let her go. She was going to stay with Milo forever, never once leaving his sight.

He promised himself that once he saw his unofficial daughter again, she was going to be his;

and Milo never breaks a promise.