The will to hate

Ash's POV:
What the heck is up with Asher all of a sudden? Miyu is just an unprotective girl, unlike me. Whenever i ask something to him, he would mumble and stuff. And when i ask to speak a bit louder, he would yell his heart out.
Right now, him and i are resting around a big tree trying to build a fire.

"...you still hate me dont you?" I asked.

I glanced over to him.

His arms were both crossed and he looked away.

"Dude, that was like, hours ago, deal with it"

"YOU SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IN WHAT SHE SAID! SHE WAS TELLING THE TRUTH, SHE DID NOTHING WRONG!"

I choked on my half-eaten bear meat. Did he just...yell at me?

"Id rather have Miyu as a sister than you!"

By this point i cant speak, hear or anything.

Its like everything turned black and white.

My breathing got heavier..does Miyu really mean that much to him, that he would replace me? Did he actually meant what he said? Is he lying? What does she have that i dont? Trust? Faith? What is it!? Isnt he mad..? He got shot in the stomach because Miyu was too cowardly to help him. Unlike her, being a protective sister i would have saved him the moment i knew what the heck was going on.

And like that, it all started again.

I still had my panting but i could move and hear again.

But thats not how im going to let Asher win. Im mad.

Whats wrong with him?!

Could he really speak to me and get away with that?

Especially when the topic is about that dumb jerk?!

I slowly stood up.

"IF SHE MEANS THAT MUCH TO YOU THEN YOU CAN LEAVE AND CLAIM HER AS YOUR OWN SISTER!" I growled.

He flinched at my sudden words but his expression was quickly replaced with determination.

"Fine then. If you say so. Ill be leaving"

He picked up his meal, and placed a hand on his bandaged-up stomach and limped away slowly.

I was panting alot harder this time.

What did i say?

What the heck did i do?!

This was all just a mistake...

"Wait! I didnt mean it! I was just mad, i swear! Come back!" I begged.

It was like his ears weren't working anymore.

He completely ingored what i said and kept the path he was confident on going on.

And it strucked me.

I was the mistake.