Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

Halex turned and looked at his best friend, "I am saving her life She will be safe here while I finish out whatever Oded and his cronies want. I don't think that they won't harm her now. It's almost over. Then we can go!"

"I want that Halex... but the drug was your brainchild.. you created this monster, and then you let people like him in here! The rest of us we've all been friends for YEARS!" He yelled at him again, then turned around and left without another word.

Halex just stood there watching him; he knew Mikhail was right. He had to solve all of this. But in the morning the baby doctor and her nurse were coming over to see Angel, to help them get everything they needed for the impending birth.

He went back to his chair in the VIP section and ordered a bottle of Vodka and sighed as the rest of his men that were awake at this hour of freedom, were sitting around him, with him, and by themselves as they partied out the night.

*~*~*

Angel had curled up in one of their recliners curled around her baby; it was the most beautiful sight to him. He missed out on both of his children's births and pregnancies. He scooped her up and walked down to his apartment door. This was such a great. He knew it was perfect. Halex didn't want her happy, he just wanted what he saw as his, and this was not a woman Mikhail was going to fend off while Halex partied in the club.

Mikhail lay Angel in bed and smiled as she gazed at him with a fuzzy glance and smile, "Thank you."

"Your welcome. I will get your bags and bring them back. You are in a private apartment; I have my bath, the twins are next door."

"Moab and Midian?"

"Yes, The are bodyguards also. Wall I think you called me. I remember them on the plane. Why is Halex not here? I don't want to go in his room if he's not going to take care of me. Get me home. To Chicago. I'll leave the dog's with you, but I have to go. He's not helping me."

"He has a doctor's appointment for you in the morning, and things will change. His world is crashing down. He's never really wanted anyone but you. Your prom photo hang's in his office where he usually spends most of his time, and he has a recent one from Christmas too. Give him until tomorrow night." She sat quietly and watched him.

"Thank you, Mikhail. A Doctor check-up isn't going to make me happy. Being where I know the world I will be. He LEFT me at the proverbial altar. Pregnant, broken, and alone. I've been falling to pieces because of him. He doesn't want this child. I don't want him to be a father if he's just going to leave me behind. He chose to do that. He's afraid of commitment. Then I am through with him.

"Please shower and go to bed. Melatonin is safe for pregnancy; There's some on the bedside table." I"m gonna go get your bags and call Emily maybe she and the kids could meet you in Chicago. I'd trust you and Emily together." He nodded and grabbed his phone calling Emily.

He got to the living room, and everyone else was in the Living room filling out recliners, "I need to talk to all of you I'll be right back." He picked up the luggage and carried it back down the hall to his room. Angel had taken the melatonin and headed for the bathroom. There was a bench in the large marble and stone bathroom, and she got everything going, and soon enough she was undressed and tucked behind the glass cube wall of the shower.

Mikhail brought the bags in and set them on the bed. He knocked on the bath door and called out that towels were fresh by the door and he was closing and locking the door behind him.

She called out, "okay," and then stuck her head under the waterfall shower head. She bathed, the heat melting into her tense muscles, and then she turned off the water when she heard the door close, and she wrapped her hair up in a towel and slid into a teeshirt and shorts and set her bag on a chair and climbed into the big bed to go to sleep. Mikhail was right between the soothing hot water and the melatonin she was sound asleep in a few moments after she got comfortable.

*~*~*

Mikhail sat in his recliner with a beer in hand as he addressed the crew. "The boss is changing, and we are under duress to complete the selling of all the dragon we have left. We will not see a penny of it. It is all going to pay Oded's outside buddies to keep them from harming Angel or us. The boss is messed up and thoroughly upset. He wanted it done. He brought Oded on because he came with high reference from one of the Princes. In two month's there will be a baby here. A bundle of joy the boss and the love of his entire life created last December after he rescued her and showed him the domestic side of him. She has been very ill, and we need to help her and him, or it's liable to get ugly.

Moab and Midian shifted in their chairs. "I'll help watch over her Mikhail," Moab said, and Midian chimed in with he'd help with the boss. Soon enough new priorities were handed out, and Midian was sleeping in Kirill's bed, sharing a bathroom with an empty apartment that they turned into Dixie and Beau's bedroom.

*~*~*

When Mikhail got up in the morning, Halex was already in his office working on paperwork. His face was untrimmed and his hair a maddening mane of unruly thick curls. "Morning Mikhail, do you know where Angel slept last night?"

"She didn't want in your room, so she is in my room until you two work things out. Here's your coffee, ditching her to us was not a good way to show her you were all about her."

"I can understand that.. thank you for taking care of her... Where did you end up?" Halex asked as he sipped the steaming brew.

"Kirill's old room." The doctor will be here soon. Midian is your guard for the morning. Moab is Angel's." Mikhail sat down and started typing on a computer as he helped with the bills from the night at the club. It would have them busy until the doctor showed up and four hours later there was the bell ringing, and Mikhail went to answer it and brought the doctor and nurse down to his room, he knocked on the door and Angel let them in. The nurse had a big bag and set it on the edge of the bed.

"Angel This is doctor Kassim. She's tagged as the best in town." Halex said as he sat in Mikhail's reading chair up toward the head of the bed. The doctor talked with her, and her touches were gentle and reassuring, "Lay back dear was going to get the baby's heartbeat and some pictures as well."

Angel lay down, and the shirt was pushed up, and her shirts pulled gently down the swell of her baby. The doppler slid over her belly freely with a little cold gel. "A strong, healthy heart." Next was a little more gel, and a handheld ultrasound she takes a picture and put it on the chart and one beside Angel as she was looking at them.

"Can you tell what my baby is?" She asked with tears in her eyes. Halex took her hand in his, "Please?" Angel added.

The doctor checked and smiled and took a picture. "It's a boy. Mom and Dad congratulations."