Chapter 4

After the car ride to my house, which was filled with badgering questions from Macy about what had happened, we all met up at my house and went inside. I knew my parents wouldn't approve of having boys over with no one there, and I was usually the type of girl to listen to every rule my parents gave me because, hey they did kind of bring me into the world, I at least own them enough respect to follow some simple rules, but they were gone, and I just thought what the hey I might as well. 

At first there was quite a bit of awkward silences, and no one was quite sure what to do, not even me, and it was my own house. We all just sat in my living room. I eventually decided I should order pizza, and when I came back from calling, everyone had loosened up and we sat and talked. 

We were all completely engaged into the conversation, all laughing about a story that someone was telling, and we were all having fun. The pizza still hadn't come, but no one really mentioned anything. Finally there was a knock at the door and Macy and I got up to answer it. 

I ran to the door, I was excited for that pizza, but it wasn't the pizza guy at the door. It was Jake. At first it didn't really register that it was Jake, I was just kind of disappointed that it wasn't my pizza. But when it did register, I was mad.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a cold tone, probably more harsh than it needed to be. 

"What the hell was that earlier?!" He yelled at me, more mad than I had ever seen him be.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I simply said.

"Bullshit. You know what I'm talking about. Why did you say all that to her? Just get over yourself Ansley, we're OVER. Sorry you're so obsessed that you can't even be mature about it." My jaw hit the floor. I could not believe he had just said that. 

"Excuse me? Did you really just say that to me? At my house?" He stepped into my house, uninvited, and closed the door behind him. I don't get mad often. I'm a generally calm person, and very few people have seen me full out mad. Jake was about to witness my full out mad.

"Yeah I did. Because this is why we broke up. You were to attached and I couldn't take it anymore. I just stopped liking you. Everything you do is just so annoying and I couldn't stand it, so yeah. Stop being such a bitch and get over yourself." At that point we were both starting to get loud, and Eli and Tom came in from the living room. 

"Oh, wow looks like you've moved on already too! I always knew you were a slut." I knew Macy was holding back because I had to fight my own battles blah blah blah, but she was about to rip his head off. I think Eli and Tom were so confused, they didn't know what to do.

"SHUT. UP. You don't know anything!" I shrieked, shaking from the anger.

"Oh please. Stop being so dramatic." 

"Get out of my house. Now." I said between clenched teeth, taking a step closer to him.

"No." He said, now stepping closer to me so that we were almost face to face.

"GET OUT!" I screamed, completely losing my control. I just kept screaming it over and over as he stood there, satisfied with himself. I was giving him exactly what he had wanted, for me to explode. He just wanted to watch me crumble right in front of him. 

He just stood there. That's what made me the most angry. He was evil, no one does that to someone, I was so appauled that I had even dated him for a year. 

"I hate you." I said, with so much anger in my voice, I scared myself. He didn't even seemed fazed by this.

"I never loved you." He responded back, which was a huge stab in the heart. I wanted to cry, and scream and just  curl in a ball on the floor. But I didn't, I wasn't going to let him see me cry, no way.