It's you

"Why are you here?"

"Was about to ask you the same question".

It was the handsome man from earlier. He was wearing some casual sports outfit – like he wanted to go out for a late-night run.

You wiped your face with your shirt, playing it off like nothing happened, "Oh, well, I'm just out for an errand" You smiled.

He laughed, "Don't lie to me, I saw you crying just now. That's why I asked you why you are here".

You stared at him for a few seconds and sighed, "It's just something personal".

The two of you went silent for a while.

"This might be rude, but may I know what happened?"

You sighed.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that" He laughed nervously, trying to ease the tension as he saw your eyes starting to tear up again.

"It's alright. I don't want to talk about it" You took a deep breath.

He nodded and understood, "Hopefully, things will get better for you," a smile appeared on his face, and you smiled back in return, "I have another question. What is your name?"

"I'm Y/l Y/n. You?"

His eyes widen, clearly shocked, "Y/l Y/n, are you serious?".

"Uh, yes" You replied, confused, "What's wrong?".

He suddenly smiled widely, "I'm Namjoon. Kim Namjoon".

"Oh," you nodded two times, "Nice name".

The smile was instantly gone; Namjoon looked slightly disappointed by your reply.

"That's all?" He said, looking at you with eyes full of hope.

"Yeah?"

He sighed, "Nothing ... " and sighed again, "Uhm, so, aren't you supposed to be home by now? ".

"Aha!" You said, "That's the problem".

"What do you mean?" Namjoon looking confused, "Is it very far from here, need a ride, too tired to walk home?".

"No, actually, I just got kicked out"

"..."

"What?"

"Oh, ... Now I understand why you cry"

"Yeah, I cried," You nodded, ashamed and annoyed, "Meaning to say I don't have a 'home' right now, so I don't know where to go".

He nodded and understood, "Poor you".

You nodded as well. It was a slightly awkward and sympathetic situation.

He scratched the back of his neck, thinking of how he should not have asked the question because now Namjoon felt sorry and not sure what he should do.

"Do you want to stay at a hotel?"

"It's too expensive, I'm broke right now"

"Oh..." He nodded again.

All of the questions he asked seemed wrong, "Is it fine if I offer you money? Just see it as charity".

You laughed awkwardly; the ego said no because it sounded like you were begging for money, "No, thank you. I don't think it's appropriate".

"But I'm just trying to help, I can't leave you outside alone by yourself. That's not a very gentleman of me."

"It's alright, I'll call my friend and ask if I can crash at their place tonight."

Namjoon looked at you with a very unsure look.