7 | home

Chapter 7: home
Home: noun; a place of dwelling
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
7. Home

"Surprise."

They both lunged at me and hugged me until I couldn't breath. Once they let go Clara looked at me as if I betrayed her. "You bitch! Stop doing that!" She yelled.

"Fine, I'll leave." I said in my best serious voice. I walked towards the door.

Dustin came from behind and picked meh up and put me on his shoulder. This felt oddly familiar. He tossed me on the couch and I laughed my head off. Once we all sat down and they paused the movie I finally felt like I was home again.

"Did you miss me? Or do I need to leave for a longer amount of time so you'd miss me more?" I asked jokingly.

Jessica shook her head vigorously. "I think we all wanted you to come home."

Dustin and Clara both nodded in agreement.

Once they found the ice cream and sighed it out amongst the four of us we all sat down at the table.

"I have something to tell you guys." I admitted after a while. They all looked up and gave me a nod to go ahead. "I've been home for a while."

"What! Why didn't you tell us?" Dusting said.

"I've been down at UCLA, going to college. And have you guys seen the news lately?"

Jessica nodded. "I have, but I didn't want to bring it up."

Clara and Dustin looked confused. "We don't have cable at our apartment." Clara said.

Since when did they live together?!

"Sam saved Blake's life in Afghanistan." Jessica said.

"Really! Are you back together yet?" Clara asked.

"Hell no, I saved that assholes life and he's ruining mine by putting that story out there."

We fell into a comfortable silence after explaining the whole situation to them and we all ate our rocky road ice cream in silence.

❁❁❁

I walked away from the Jamba Juice near campus with a smile on my face. I had flown back yesterday with Anna.

Anna and Clara couldn't let go of each other when we left, after I had surprised them Anna came over and they hit it off right away.

The where quit literally the same person.

I set down the blueberry smoothie next to Anna as she studied. She wanted to be an engineer, and she had the hardest classes, ever. I on the other hand was majoring in History and wanted to be a teacher, so my classes weren't the hardest.

She gave me a smile and took a sip of her drink.

One second it was in her mouth, the next it was on my textbook.

I quickly got up and laughed at the outburst. "What was that for?"

She pointed behind me and her eyes almost popped out of her head. I looked behind me and almost threw up the smoothie.

Blake stood there with a grin on his face. "We really need to talk." He said as he approached me.

"B-But how did you find me?"

"Anna posted a picture of you two on Instagram and Clara follows her. It really wasn't that hard when she captioned it 'ucla students at its finest'. "

I groaned, of course Anna would be my downfall one day, that day just happened to be today.

I grabbed his wrist and dragged him away from our table and smoothies. He let me bring him to the edge of campus before I let him go and turned around. "What the hell do you want?"

"I just want us to go back to being friends." He confessed, looking at me with sadness in his eyes. "What happened to us?"

"You. You happened to ruin everything by joining the damn army."

"I wanted to be with you, and I've always wanted to join. Win-win situation."

"Screw you." I sneered, no way in hell would I ever forgive him that fast.

I stormed off towards my dorm, hoping i would loose Blake in the way I was walking to the room, winding around the campus in zig zags.

Once I reached my dorm room I fumbled with my keys in a hurry to get in, and away from Blake Reed. God why now? He was pissing me off.

Once I got in I slammed the door, I slumped against the door and let out a frustrated sigh.

▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note:
Sorry, I've been busy with stuff.
Since I take forever to update, while your waiting go ahead and check out my friends story 'Hidden' by nerdalert03 !
(She'd really appreciate it! And she updates everyday....)
Also, contest is now up on my page
🤔Question: what's your dream school?--->
Comment•Vote•Share