chapter 19 (part one)

Chapter 19 (part one)

Both Derek and Rachel were frozen on their spots, what should they do? They have no idea; suddenly Ethan knocked one more time, this time with much more force.

“Come on brother, the food is getting cold now. Open the door let me in.”

Derek figured he must have not heard Rachel, he quickly got up on his feet and motioned Rachel to be quiet by placing his index finger on his lips.

Rachel nodded in return, unsure of what to do next, she felt so helpless and on top of that she was scared to death.

“In a minute little brother, just getting dressed.” He made his way to Rachel and grabbed her upper arm to help stand her up. “I am sure you don’t want to see me in my boxers, now do you.” He dragged her to the bathroom door and told her to lock the door in a whisper.

Rachel nodded but pointed her finger at the pillow on the floor and her boots lying in corner. They can’t let get Ethan suspicious now can they.

“Well you will surprised big brother, why don’t you try me?” Ethan’s impatient voice came from the other side of the door.

Derek tip toed his way to the boots and the pillow, he threw the pillow on the mattress lightly and handed over the boots to Rachel before closing the door on her face, before she can say anything, her hand stopped the gate from closing completely and asked a question from her pleading eyes ‘will we be okay?’

Derek was going to say something but the loud knocks on the bedroom door were kind of distracting him instead of saying something, he captured her lips for one short kiss and then closed the door before Rachel can say something.

He quickly examined the bedroom one more time and when he was satisfied he made his way to the bedroom door. Derek took a long breadth and tried to put on his best fake charming smile before tilting the doorknob.

“Well I never knew that you changed sides or else I would have...”

Derek’s stopped in mid sentence, when he saw that there was no breakfast, no food on the door Just his little brother smirking.

“So where’s the breakfast little brother?” his one hand was still on the doorknob in case he needed to close the door soon.

“Right here!!” and with that Ethan punched Derek in the gut with all power that the almighty could have provided him in that moment.

One blow was enough to send Derek to the floor, he felt as if somebody has just plunged a hot iron rod in his body. Taking in oxygen seemed like such a difficult task for him right now, for a few seconds he didn’t even register what was happening, then he started to gasp for short breadths.

“Come on at least give me a fight!! I haven’t even started yet.” Ethan stalked towards him, maybe he over did it with that punch, his own hand was hurting like hell, he can only imagine what Derek felt right now.