Chapter 16

The whistle blew as the coach called in the basketball players at the end of the practise. Sebastian jogged over to the group as the coach began his usual end of the night pep talk. The first game was coming up at the end of the month. It was just a scrimmage between the schools though, as the actual games didn't start until late October, early November. The coach had asked Sebastian if he could stay a little later to help with putting away the supplies from the drills that they had run earlier in the practise.

"Good practise today, see you at the next practise," the coach said to Sebastian as he walked towards the coach's office. Sebastian gave a wave and headed towards the locker rooms so that he could shower and change into a different set of clothes. During that entire practise Sebastian's mind had been focused on the court, but now that he wasn't doing anything his mind wandered back to how the heck he was going to be able to do this project with Danny. Sebastian still wasn't too good at working with people especially if it meant having to be alone with them.

Sebastian opened the outer door of the change room and was standing in the area in between the two doors when he heard the noises of someone having sex in the change room. At first Sebastian's adrenaline started pumping and fear rose in his chest. He managed to quickly push it away and it was replaced by irritation and disgust. Who the heck was having sex in the men's change room after school? Sebastian knew that it was a guy and a girl by the noises that were being made, but wasn't entirely sure how to intervene in this kind of situation.

Sebastian just snorted and began to walk back out into the gym so that he could go get changed in one of the bathrooms in the hallway, he figured that he could have a shower after he had gotten back home. As he had the door open that led back to the gym Sebastian heard a high pitched scream coming from the change room and then a very loud thud. His grip tightened on the door and he knew that he should just walk away and pretend like he didn't hear anything, but that's not who he was. That was the whole reason he had gotten caught, was because he liked to help people who were in need. He sighed and turned back towards the change room door. He was so going to have nightmares later about this.

Sebastian flung open the change room door and quickly took in the scene. Danny knocked out on the floor on his stomach pants around his knees, a young lady that still had her pants undone and was trying to frantically put her shirt back on. She was screaming at a guy that was bigger than Danny and apologizing profusely to him. The bigger guy looked absolutely furious as the girl clung to his arm, probably to keep him from hitting anyone else.

They only took notice of Sebastian when he began to approach them. Now the other guy may have been bigger than Danny but Sebastian was still much bigger than he was, and the other guy had already started to retreat before Sebastian had even said anything. The girl even was looking scared as he approached them.

"W-what are you doing here?" the guy asked his fear mixing with his anger making him stumble over his words.

"I just came from practise, what do you think I'm doing here?" Sebastian replied as he walked over to where his clothes were hanging up on the wall hooks. "Now you can either get out of here before I start stripping or..." Sebastian was doing his best to creep the guy out hoping that that would make him leave. So he lowered his eye lids in a seductive manner as he tilted his head to look at the guy before continuing. "...you can watch if you want." He made sure that he was looking directly at the guy so that he would get the message. The guy paled and dragged who Sebastian now assumed was probably his girlfriend out of the change room with him.

Sebastian chuckled darkly before sighing. He quickly changes before cautiously going over to where Danny still lay on the floor. He gently flipped him over and saw that he had a bit of blood coming from the corner of his mouth and he had already developed a lump on his forehead with blood leaking from it from where it must've hit the floor. But that wasn't all that Sebastian had seen when he looked over Danny. Danny had scars on his hands, arms, neck, and face. They were usually fairly small but there were a couple that looked like they had been very painful. Sebastian began to rub at his wrists absentmindedly, already beginning to feel uncomfortable. What had caused the scars on Danny, was the one question that Sebastian was curious and cautious about learning the answer for.

Sebastian's hand started to shake as he realized what he was going to have to do. He's not a fan of touching people because contact can quickly turn into violence. But he knew that the sports nurse was still at the school for a few minutes, he knew that he was going to have to take Danny over to her office. The sight of Danny's blood was already on the verge of making him hyperventilate. Sebastian knew that he was going to have to pick him up in order to get him to her in time.

Sebastian carefully picked Danny up in his arms bridal style. Danny groaned, making Sebastian freeze. Danny snuggled up to Sebastian's chest before he stopped moving again. Sebastian let out his breath that he had been holding and began his trek to the nurse's office.