Quinze

Whatever you want to do, no matter how long it takes, I've realized that I would rather die fighting for us then live a life without you.

Love always,

Alexander.

I stared at the letter in my hands not believing what I just read. I was thinking he was about to say something awful, but I just couldn't believe it. What hurts more is the fact I kissed Mr. Smith, I kissed another man that isn't my husband.

I looked around the dark streets, I felt more guilty now, I finally worked out the courage to get out of the car. I opened the car door stepping out, I walked through my front door, the house was empty as usual. I tippy-toed up the stairs not wanting to wake up Alexander.

When I reached the top of the stairs, the light in the family room was turned on, Alex probably left it on. I walked towards the room and there Alex was sitting his head in his hands. He put his head up when he heard me come by, I stand there frozen, I wasn't expecting to run into him until in the morning. "Izzy," he said getting up. "I was worried, where were you?" He asked.

I just glared at him not saying anything, "it's midnight," he added, "and where the heck is your phone, I've been calling you," he leaned closer to me embracing me. I didn't hug him back, I wasn't mad or anything, I just felt guilty. He pulled away shortly after giving me a frown.

"I just want to go to bed," I murmured under my breath. He put my loose strand of her behind my ear, he rubbed his thumb against my cheeks.

"Okay," he said following a sigh. He moved out of the way, I walked into my room hopping in the shower shortly after.

''''''''''''''

My eyes opened, I looked out the window and I could immediately tell it was already at least ten. Why didn't my alarm ring?

I wasn't feeling like going to work anyway, I took care of my hygiene needs.

I changed into some brand new clothes, I walked down the stairs to get some food. I heard Alex talking in his office, I went towards his office, the door was half open. "I told you I am not available," he said to the phone.

I opened the door, he looked up from his paper giving me a smile. "I'll call you back," he said hanging up the phone. "Hey, you're up," he added.

"Yeah," I said in a whisper, "what are you doing?" I asked him when I saw the plan he was drawing on his desk.

"It's just something I'm working on, I turned off your alarm and called in sick for you," he informed me.

"Thank you," I really needed the sleep, I feel so refreshed, I wish my mind felt this refreshed, my mind is too busy thinking about mistakes I made and how I betrayed someone who trusts me. "So, you're leaving?" I asked him.

He was drawing plans and talking on the phone, he is definitely leaving. That's one of the reasons why we started having problems, he would leave for days or even months at a time. "No," he answered.

"Mhmm," I said not believing him. He knew he was going to leave if it was really required, it was something I learned how to live with. I went back to the memory of the first time he left, we only have been married for a year.

"Why do you have to leave?" I whined hugging him.

"Because, it's my job," he whispered into my ears.

"You can get another one," I said holding on to him even harder. I've never been away from him for more than two days, I would miss him. Why can't he have a job where he stays at home every day?

"I can't," he said kissing my forehead, "I'll call you every day," he added. He started planting kisses on my forehead one after the other. "I love you," he told me. "Don't forget that the distance will not make me love you less," he assured me. "Sweetheart, you have to let me go now," he whispered into my ears.

I pulled my hands away slowly, he gave me one last kiss and I watched as he got into the cab driving to the airport.

"I'm serious Izzy, I'm not leaving. I'll send two of my men," he reassured me. "Did you get my letter?" He asked me changing the subject. I thought he wouldn't talk about this. I nodded my head and he simply shook his head going back to work. I watched as he continued tracing the plan, his dark eyes were fixed on it, he stopped for a second licking his lips and tapping his nails on the desk like he was thinking about something. "So, what do you think?" He asked.

"About?" I had no idea about what he was talking about.

"Nevermind," he answered. "Can you grab me a pencil behind you?" He asked pointing behind me. I looked behind me noticing the cup that contained the pencils. I grabbed a pencil walking up to give it to him. "I meant about the letter," he said filling in what he didn't answer earlier. "I meant it, Izzy, I love you," I put my head down not wanting to look at him.

He took the pencil from me setting it down on his desk. "Is that the Empire state building?" I asked when I saw the end of the plan.

"Yeah," he answered pushing it to the side.

"Why are you-" I started.

"It doesn't matter!" he answered glaring his eyes into mine. I frowned nodding my head, "Izzy, I'm sorry," he said giving me a hug and passing his hand through my hair, "but you know I don't like talking about my job, it's too dangerous," he added. I nodded my head understanding him.

He touched my cheek bringing my face up, he looked at me for a while then kisses my lips.

AN

One reason Izabelle and Alexander started having problems: His job...

Hope you enjoyed...

Au Revoir...